Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs confident on re-signing Harbrow

Adam Cooper - The Age - 23 May

Western Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade is confident back pocket Jarrod Harbrow will resist an offer to join the Gold Coast AFL club and re-sign with the Dogs.

Harbrow has been linked with the Gold Coast given he is out of contract at the end of this year, is considered one of the emerging stars in the competition and has Queensland links.

But Eade was hopeful the Bulldogs could continue the recent trend of clubs keeping the Gold Coast away from their stars by getting Harbrow, originally from Cairns, to commit to a new deal.

"We're confident he can stay, I think we've got a good sales pitch as far as where we are as a club on and off the field," Eade told the Seven Network on Sunday.

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs confident on re-signing Harbrow

Not sure what to make of the last few articles, would be good to hear from Jarrod himself.

But if the club is feeling confident, i guess it's a good thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JH40 View Post
    Not sure what to make of the last few articles, would be good to hear from Jarrod himself.

But if the club is feeling confident, i guess it's a good thing.
    I hope you're right, JH40, even for the sake of your username. But isn't this a case of "you would say that"?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing article, they haven't even spoken to him. He's gone in my opinion.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep hearing he is gone but gee i hope not. He has come into career best as of late. Would hate to see him go!

Post Thanks / Like

Read in the HUN (Sunday i think) that he has put off contract negotiations 'til the end of the year. Hmmm ominous sign me tinks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Read in the HUN (Sunday i think) that he has put off contract negotiations 'til the end of the year. Hmmm ominous sign me tinks
    Everyone said the same thing about Lake last year. If the club are confident, I'm happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Everyone said the same thing about Lake last year. If the club are confident, I'm happy.
    There wasn't a Gold Coast around last year, so the threat of taking your chance in the draft isn't there this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope your right, dont want to see the "foot shimmy" used against us!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    There wasn't a Gold Coast around last year, so the threat of taking your chance in the draft isn't there this year.
    You may know something I don't in this instance but I'm fairly confident that Lake wasn't going and that the Bulldogs didn't threaten him with the draft other than answering media questions.

Post Thanks / Like

You may know something I don't in this instance but I'm fairly confident that Lake wasn't going and that the Bulldogs didn't threaten him with the draft other than answering media questions.
    No I don't know anymore than you do.

I suppose what I was trying to say was that last year Lake could sign on with us, we could engineer a trade (& receive 'market value' for him) or take his chance in one of the drafts. In essence, we had to reach agreement with another club if he decided he wanted to play there. If we didn't his choice was re-sign or nominate & take his chance.

Where this situation differs this year is we don't have to reach agreement with the Gold Coast if Harbrow says he wants to leave to play with them. We just end up with some arbitrary compensation devised by the AFL.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah that is true but if I were a player I'd be fairly confident that the Dogs would get it done if I requested to leave. We have been very good in getting players to where they want to go recently.