Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall insists on paying fine

Caroline Wilson - The Age - 26 May

BARRY Hall has refused to allow his Western Bulldog teammates to cover his $3000 fine.

Hall's now-controversial headlock placed upon Kangaroo Scott Thompson last Saturday resulted in him being reported for rough conduct, a charge that was downgraded by the match review panel on Monday to misconduct after a medical report on Thompson was considered.

Hall's subsequent fine was lowered from $4000 to $3000 when he chose not to contest the fine.

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hall insists on paying fine

The funny thing about the whole brouhaha since his hit on Staker is that it is generally forgotten that Bazz has been a Premiership captain (albeit acting), and for the second half of his career been part of one of the tightest knit playing groups of all time. He's nothing if not a team man.

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't it reported that Hall went to his teammates asking that they chip in?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Wasn't it reported that Hall went to his teammates asking that they chip in?
    Heard the opposite that Gia (i think) mentioned the boys wanted to chip in..

Its a great gesture even though I don't really see how Hall would need the cash he wouldn't be our lowest paid player

Post Thanks / Like

A $3000 fine would hurt - you would be paying tax on the money earned to pay it off...I like the "we're all in this together" mentality of paying wrestling/melee fines and reckon Gia was on the right track.

Baz should let his mates kick in if they want to. Sometimes you have to be gracious to your team-mates and just say thanks.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone remember when Ben Harrison copped a fine for wrestling with Glenn Archer?

Archer instigated it, knew Harro had no options, so he paid his fine for him.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Anyone remember when Ben Harrison copped a fine for wrestling with Glenn Archer?

I would love to have had Archer play for us. The guy bleeds North.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    A $3000 fine would hurt - you would be paying tax on the money earned to pay it off...I like the "we're all in this together" mentality of paying wrestling/melee fines and reckon Gia was on the right track.

Baz should let his mates kick in if they want to. Sometimes you have to be gracious to your team-mates and just say thanks.
    He kinda did -- I think they all put in $50 each so he paid the other $2000. Kind of a meet in the middle solution.

Have to say, makes that $60 parking ticket I got the other day not sting as much. (I NEVER get parking tickets!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post

I remember that well CD. Actually was discussing it earlier today with my father. Eerie...

Post Thanks / Like

Hasn't taken long for Barry to be accepted as one of us.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

So no bad mouthing Caroline Wilson for writting this article?

Interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    The funny thing about the whole brouhaha since his hit on Staker is that it is generally forgotten that Bazz has been a Premiership captain (albeit acting), and for the second half of his career been part of one of the tightest knit playing groups of all time. He's nothing if not a team man.
    Well put Lantern.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobmurphy View Post
    So no bad mouthing Caroline Wilson for writting this article?

Interesting.
    What's the point? There were no knives, no innuendo or other degradation by implication so no one bagged her. I'm not surprised that she got a fair go when she plays fair. Are you?
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler