Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  63
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hall of fame

Post Thanks / Like

Hall of fame

Wow!

What a great night. Started off with Mark Seymor singing Throw your arms around me and Holy Grail. The photo's that came up with the song chocked me up - Fantastic.

Then when Charlie came up in a wheel chair l don't think there was a dry eye in the house, it was so emotional.

One of the best things l have been to. l have some photo's l will put up tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hall of fame

Good to hear it was a success, look forward to reading more stories and seeing some pics - I think we all need a boost!
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully the night provided inspiration that will spur the playing group on in the right direction for the second half of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Was an awesome night...ive only jsut got home...have had a chance to look at my photos....

Charlie...well what can you say...hes an awesome guy, i didnt realise he wasnt well....bloody awesome effort for him to get to crown tonight.....

Loved Bobbys speech, someone else may have to go into detail, cos i dont ahve a very good memory when it comes to that stuff haha...

Really looking forward to having a read of the Bulldog Heritage book...managed to get a few of the guys to sign it as wel, which is great, i wasnt lucky enough to get Charlie to sign my copy, but one of my friends i was with got hers signed by him.....

Im sure others who went will fill everyone in on what a great night it was.....

A big high5 to all who made this night possible.....

Post Thanks / Like

So jealous of everyone who went
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Sensational event.could not fault it . theaudio visuals were excelelnt, about 20 players were inducted , 2 legends Sutton and Whitten.

Sutton in a wheelchair, and got the impression that he was going straight back to hospital. MC for the night was Stephen Phillips , the interview with Sutton was a highlight, Sutton was inspiring. He did not look well.

Inductees and Family members of deceased inductees were interviewed, with the exception of the pre 1925 inductees.

Peter Gordon and Irene Chatfield were interviewed a interesting note from Peter Gordon was that in the fightback some players were a bit doubtful but the 3 players who led the way and convinced the reat were Liberatore , Standfield and Hanneberry .

John Schultz spoke well and talked about the book they have brought out being stories from players of their time at Footscray, mentioned that Lionel Ryan's story had to be toned down. I think Ryan got dropped for the Grand Final team

.Liber mentioned he had nominated for the draft at the end of 89.

Framed jumpers were auctioned off , most seem to sell for $2-$5 K.

There is a poster being released $30 unframed.Museum is opening in August.

Mark Seymour performed along with a violinist(?) and Mike Brady finished off the evening woith his footy songs and a rousing " Sons of the West"

I was t the Team of the Century and %4reunion nights this was the bst function

GO Gogs

PS stack wears a great big diamond earing
    Last edited by bulldogsfight; 30-05-2010 at 11:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsfight View Post

PS stack wears a great big diamond earing
    My wife was commenting that he had more bling than her!

Post Thanks / Like

The wife with Susan Alberti

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Bit of a story behind this photo. This is my dad who at Footscray Tech Old Boys with Dempsy before he played at Footscray. Dempsy broke my fathers nose in a pratice game.

Post Thanks / Like

Collected all the Hall of fame signatures except Charlies. l hope all goes well for him.

The people you meet!

Post Thanks / Like

Another highlight of the night was an interview with Neil Sachse who came over from Adelaide for the night. After the interview they bought out mannequin with his jumper and shorts that had been cut off his body after the accident. They were auctioned for about $20,000 and all monies was donated to Neil's charity. David Smorgon bought the jumper and shorts to put in the Bulldogs Museum.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone. I arrived home from New York on Friday after attending a conference and lots of hard work.

I was so happy to attend the Hall of Fame last evening.

It was so good to catch up with many of the people from "Woof"!!!

I cannot wait to get my hands on Charlie Sutton's jumper and have it displayed in the Museum at the WO for everyone to enjoy and cherish. Fortunately I was the successful bidder. I also have four Team of the Century jumpers that I will be donating to the Museum.

It was probably one of the best nights I have ever attended. My tissues were working overtime. Just to see the older players etc was something I will hold very dear to my heart for the rest of my life.

I have never heard the Bulldog team song sung with such passion ever before. I do hope this does rub off on the players.

It was a night to remember and I am so pleased I was able to attend with my family and friends.
    ________
    Nash-Healey Specifications
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 19-03-2011 at 02:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great night was had by all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Dogs Bollocks View Post
    Had too many Granty, lol.