Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  63
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hall of fame

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hall of fame

Quote Originally Posted by susie View Post
    Lets just say that Susan is honoured to be a part of the Footscray/WB Football club. Whatever she can do to preserve our history she will do whatever it takes. When the Museum is completely up and running it will be something that you will want to visit with your family and friends and it will also be available to everyone who loves AFL football
    Susie, could you pass onto the "other" Susan how much all Bulldog members love and respect her. I personally believe she belongs in the Hall of Fame. I read that in the future people other than players can be eligible, so while I'm at it David Smorgan as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldBulldog View Post
    Susie, could you pass onto the "other" Susan how much all Bulldog members love and respect her. I personally believe she belongs in the Hall of Fame. I read that in the future people other than players can be eligible, so while I'm at it David Smorgan as well.
    Old Bulldog, unless I'm mistaken believe it may have been the 'other' Susan talking in the 3rd person.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Old Bulldog, unless I'm mistaken believe it may have been the 'other' Susan talking in the 3rd person.
    Thanks Doc26, I knew that was just keeping the "mystique".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldBulldog View Post
    Ditto from me - both are incredible ambassadors for our wonderful club. -thank you

becmatty Guest

Has anyone read The Bulldog Heritage book?

I am interested if anyone could review this and mention some of the players who contribute to it?

Thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by becmatty View Post
    Has anyone read The Bulldog Heritage book?

I am interested if anyone could review this and mention some of the players who contribute to it?

Thanks...
    My parents have the book and I have had just a brief look, it looks great and I can't wait to have a good read once they are done with it.

As you would expect the story of all our famous names is included, but also the story of some unknowns who played just a handful of games including my grandfather whose career was cut down by a knee injury in the 40's.

Post Thanks / Like

The book is a fantastic "read". It is not just about football careers, but about their personal journey through life. The second book is now underway with many contributions from previous players.
    I recommend that we all read the book. I have managed to get half way through it and it has brought back so many memories for me over the past 50 years or so. When the Museum is finally up and running, which will be very soon, we will all get an opportunity to take a trip down memory lane. Lets just hope we can place another premiership cup there very soon. Go Dogs
    ________
    Teen Sex
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 19-03-2011 at 02:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if anyone from the club is interested in coming and looking at stuff i might have worth putting in the museum.

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure the Club would be very interested. Please call Rachel Murphy at the WB. She was the person very much behind the Hall of Function last Saturday. I thought it was an absolutely outstanding success. Do call her. She will advise you accordingly.
    ________
    Geo/chevrolet tracker
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 19-03-2011 at 02:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi People just some good news I am 99% sure i saw Charlie Sutton walking out of the Epworth this morning. I hope it was him as it looked very much like him and looked like he was on his was home and he was walking unaided which is a good sign

Post Thanks / Like

I found this while trawling around. It might have been posted before so apologies if it has.

http://www.ganges.com/Bulldogs_honou...video_5969781/

I found it really interesting and in light of the HOF might be worth having a look at.

Neil is a remarkable man.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfa4pm View Post
    I found this while trawling around. It might have been posted before so apologies if it has.

I found it really interesting and in light of the HOF might be worth having a look at.

I'd heard a lot about the incident, but don't recall ever seeing it, or hearing Neil speak.

Great clip, he really is remarkable to have such a positive outlook. Thanks dfa4pm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    My parents have the book and I have had just a brief look, it looks great and I can't wait to have a good read once they are done with it.

As you would expect the story of all our famous names is included, but also the story of some unknowns who played just a handful of games including my grandfather whose career was cut down by a knee injury in the 40's.
    Dannie Taylor I presume!

The Bulldog Heritage is a great read, the lesser known names have very interesting stories to tell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfa4pm View Post

Thanks for that.

It's great to see that he fought on and never gave up. An inspiration to all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Marmo View Post
    Dannie Taylor I presume!

The Bulldog Heritage is a great read, the lesser known names have very interesting stories to tell.
    Danny!! Our family are very proud that his story was told in this way.

John Schultz should be very proud of what he has been able to put together.