Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

The Weekly Wrap??????

I have really enjoyed and looked forward to the weekly Williamstown wrap up by first Peter German and then Chris Maple but I nticed they skipped last week......
    Maybe the Akker situation took up too much of the staff's time.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Weekly Wrap??????

Quote Originally Posted by Ovatheboarder View Post
    I have really enjoyed and looked forward to the weekly Williamstown wrap up by first Peter German and then Chris Maple but I nticed they skipped last week......
    Maybe the Akker situation took up too much of the staff's time.
    Maybe they are waiting on getting the edits approved by Fantasia before they are posted
    Start each day with a task completed. Find someone to help you through life. Respect everyone.
    Know that life is not fair and that you will fail often. But if take you take some risks, step up when the times are toughest, face down the bullies, lift up the downtrodden and never, ever give up if you do these things, then the next generation and the generations that follow will live in a world far better than the one we have today.
    And what started here will indeed have changed the world for the better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Maybe they are waiting on getting the edits approved by Fantasia before they are posted
    lol

Post Thanks / Like

Williamstown Report

Williamstown 17.19 121

Def

Frankston 10.11 71

Once again it’s time for the weekly Williamstown Report and this week we catch up with Western Bulldogs Development Manager Chris Maple, who has cast his eye over the weekend’s match against Frankston.

Chris thanks again for joining us and it was great to see Williamstown have another good win on Sunday.

Yes it was a close game up until the third term where there was only a couple of points in it. Frankston really put up a strong fight but our boys applied the after burners in the final term and kicked away for a 7 goal win.

Any standout performers on the weekend?

Tim Callan was very good down back, while Easton Wood provided plenty of run in defence. Jordan Roughead had a consistent game in the ruck and Sam Reid did some good work in close.

Good to hear, as was Matthew Panos’ last term for the Williamstown seconds kicking 7 goals to finish with a bag of 10. Who do you think will be pushing for selection this week in the AFL?

Callan Ward was best on field for the Williamstown seconds with some great attack on the footy and good ball use. Eddie Prato was also impressive in that game and has been named second best on ground two weeks in a row.

So I think guys really pushing this week will be Tim Callan, Easton Wood, Jordan Roughead and Sam Reid...so we have some good healthy competition coming up from Williamstown.

And the big road trip up to play North Ballarat this week?

Yes North Ballarat are coming off a loss so I am sure they will be ready to go on the weekend. In saying that, a good rivalry has developed between the two teams over the last few years and I know the boys are keen to get up there and bring home the points.

Well Chris it was a pleasure as always and good luck up in Ballarat on Saturday. Hear there is a chance of snow so don’t forget your skis!
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Can I have back the 40 odd seconds it took to read that?

You could just scan the bests from the game and draw the same conclusions.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

Poor effort. The Club should get a WOOFER to write the reports in future.
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: The Weekly Wrap??????

Better reads on here about Willi.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The Club should get a WOOFER to write the reports in future.
    So who gets the job of going to Ballarat to do this week's write-up?

As 'comrade' is an ex-local he will be used to the cold so I vote for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

Be a nice weekend away for him & the darl.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

If they are wondering why people don't visit the WB website they should look no further than their content and see if that would be enough incentive for them to log and have a read. That report looked like it was just going through the motions rather than with a view to keep the members informed.

Even for people interstate or overseas that are desperate for updates I don't think they would find that article particularly exciting.

Given they have access to all the stats and the Williamstown coaches they should be able to put something more substantial together.
    Start each day with a task completed. Find someone to help you through life. Respect everyone.
    Know that life is not fair and that you will fail often. But if take you take some risks, step up when the times are toughest, face down the bullies, lift up the downtrodden and never, ever give up if you do these things, then the next generation and the generations that follow will live in a world far better than the one we have today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

I'll vote for him as well.

I thought I lost a toe given the cold weather at Frankston so I think Comrade needs to step up this week

Actually if a few things pan out over the next 2 days I might be able to make the trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry guys, we're moving this weekend so no trip back to the Rat for me.

I did ask the darl if I was a chance to sneak away for a few hours, though. The look I told me all I needed to know.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry guys, we're moving this weekend so no trip back to the Rat for me.

I did ask the darl if I was a chance to sneak away for a few hours, though. The look I told me all I needed to know.
    Looks like I will make the trip but I might go shopping for some explorer socks first thing tomorrow
    I don't think the standard of football will be that good given the conditions.