Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Bulldog Heritage book

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    When is the second book available?
    The Official release was last Friday and I would expect that it is now available through the Bulldog Shop. Incidentally for those who may not have purchased Volume 1, both volume one and two are available for purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    The Official release was last Friday and I would expect that it is now available through the Bulldog Shop. Incidentally for those who may not have purchased Volume 1, both volume one and two are available for purchase.

Correct, both editions are available at the Bulldog Shop.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely the best book of it's type that I have read!! Well done to all involved , well written , great photos and follows on from the first volume seamlessly. Great Job!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Correct, both editions are available at the Bulldog Shop.
    Didn't see it online, I will have another look.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't see it online, I will have another look.
    https://shopdesq.imgstg.com/index.cf...177&OrgID=1679
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't that the first one?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't that the first one?
    This should take you straight to book 2 bornadog:
    https://shopdesq.imgstg.com/index.cf...052&OrgID=1679

I was at the launch last Friday, got to have a bit of a sneak around the training centre after the presentation (it was held there), and then headed to the cafe afterwards. John Schultz appears to be in great nick, as does Harvey Stevens. Harvey said that it was quite funny to be up there talking about his father rather than himself! Peter Gordon also got up and said a few words, reiterating the developments they will undertake around the Whitten Oval (lights, scoreboard etc). Quite a nice way to spend a Friday afternoon.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    This should take you straight to book 2 bornadog:
    https://shopdesq.imgstg.com/index.cf...052&OrgID=1679

I was at the launch last Friday, got to have a bit of a sneak around the training centre after the presentation (it was held there), and then headed to the cafe afterwards. John Schultz appears to be in great nick, as does Harvey Stevens. Harvey said that it was quite funny to be up there talking about his father rather than himself! Peter Gordon also got up and said a few words, reiterating the developments they will undertake around the Whitten Oval (lights, scoreboard etc). Quite a nice way to spend a Friday afternoon.
    Thankyou, not sure how you found that.

Post Thanks / Like

I have read all of the 90s players loved them all especially Johnno Smithy Crofty Kritter and on to the 80s now with guys like Axe Wallis Libba Wyndy have to say this is the best Bulldog Book I have ever read and there is still so much more to read in this edition.
    Cant wait for the rest of the series.

Post Thanks / Like

I received a copy of "The Bulldog Heritage" Vol 1 for my 70th.
    I read it in 2 days. Fantastic book. The stories of 90 men who have played with us as re-called by them, or in the case of old-timers, by their descendants.
    Players of all abilities are featured from champions to one bloke who never played a senior game. What shines through is the love and respect that so many expressed for their coaches and trainers as they were coming through the ranks in the 6ths, 5ths, 4ths , U/19s and Reserves. The eulogy that Anthony Cerantonio delivered at Norm Gardner's funeral is a wonderful tribute and well worth thinking about as a set of values and guide to a worthwhile life. If Vol 2 is half as good, it will be a cracker.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I received a copy of "The Bulldog Heritage" Vol 1 for my 70th.
    I read it in 2 days. Fantastic book. The stories of 90 men who have played with us as re-called by them, or in the case of old-timers, by their descendants.
    Players of all abilities are featured from champions to one bloke who never played a senior game. What shines through is the love and respect that so many expressed for their coaches and trainers as they were coming through the ranks in the 6ths, 5ths, 4ths , U/19s and Reserves. The eulogy that Anthony Cerantonio delivered at Norm Gardner's funeral is a wonderful tribute and well worth thinking about as a set of values and guide to a worthwhile life. If Vol 2 is half as good, it will be a cracker.
    Do you have Volume 2?

Post Thanks / Like

I love reading about the stories in the VFA days and how a game was abandoned on the siren when the fans ran onto the ground complaining about a mark on the siren. The dogs were 4 points up and North had marked the ball as the siren sounded. The umpires decided they couldn't control the situation so ran off and the game was replayed the following week. Mind you it was a semi final. The following week with minutes to go, Footscray were down by 2 points when a goal was dribbled through an unguarded goal and then siren went.

Didn't the crowd pull one of the goalposts down? Or I might be thinking of a game in Tasmania.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Didn't the crowd pull one of the goalposts down? Or I might be thinking of a game in Tasmania.
    The pulling down of the goalpost did occur in Tasmania in 1967, in a State final between Wynyard and North Hobart. I happened to be at the game. The incident occurred as the North Hobart player was kicking for goal in the final kick of the game from 20 metres out, when Wynyard fans behind the goal managed to uproot one of the goalposts. Fans and Police stormed onto the ground causing the umpires to declare a no contest. The incident received widespread publicity at the time even reaching the BBC in London.

15. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have Volume 2?
    Not yet but I will get it.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Not yet but I will get it.
    I have a spare and happy to give it to you. Only thing is how to get it to you.