Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pride of the litter

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Ward is clean by foot (and played HFF in his first few games for us) and Picken plays an outside tagging role, is quick and gets quite a bit of distance with his kicks so not sure they can be grouped with the others.

Would defer to the TAC watchers for Libba's kicking prowess.
    Agree Picken has a good turn of speed. I am more referring to having so many inside players who are not noted for their speed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    We will have prodominantly inside players in Boyd, Cross, Libba, Ward, Picken & Reid on our list.
    None of the above you would call quick by foot, I wonder whether that is too many of the same type?
    You'd hope that we aren't going to rely too much on Libba in the next 2 years, by which time Cross and Boyd will both be hovering around 30. Cross doesn't seem like someone who will get past 30 to me.

I'd be surprised if Ward doesn't eventually become an inside and outside player by that time too.

Post Thanks / Like

Its great that these two blokes are also great mates and they understand each other and the way they play.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Son of Steve wearing the famous 24 again... it really is enough to bring a tear to my eye....

Post Thanks / Like

They seem like good kids above all else. Good heads on their shoulders is a huge step in becoming professional footballers IMO.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

It will be great to see the boys at the club and they will make an impact. It will also be good to see their dads around the club supporting their boys !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We will have prodominantly inside players in Boyd, Cross, Libba, Ward, Picken & Reid on our list.
    None of the above you would call quick by foot, I wonder whether that is too many of the same type?
    Here it is Mantis, just in case you thought I was making it up

Post Thanks / Like

Here it is Mantis, just in case you thought I was making it up
    How about attaching it to the correct Thread?

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly will bring Libba Snr and the club closer together which is good. Never good to see former legends fall out, and glad things are a bit smoother now; the drafting of Libba Jnr is great for everyone.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Good article & very exciting, it's good to know we won't be fully crippled with the next few drafts.