Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jason Akermanis back from the outer

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Griffen View Post
    A pretty honest and insightful article by Aker and I seriously hope that he is able to win back the trust of his teamates - for what it's worth - he has mine!
    Aker is Aker, I have always been a big fan. He stuffed up but hey I am not about to hang him - everyone makes mistakes, some more than others. Hopefully, he does get back into the team and ends his final year on a happy note.

Post Thanks / Like

Really disappointing.

Always been a big Aker fan and was over the moon when we signed him to the Dogs. I really hope things can turn around and he can be a big part of our Premiership push, but it's really looking unlikely.

Still think he's done this club more good than harm. Seems he went on for a year too long but I hope this doesn't turn into a verbal storm after he's finished.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Still think he's done this club more good than harm. Seems he went on for a year too long but I hope this doesn't turn into a verbal storm after he's finished.
    If by bagging out the club allows Aker to remain in the media in some form then there is no doubt he will have some parting shots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    I stopped reading it after the 15th 'I'.
    Same.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

The best thing he can do for himself is to get his body right, get some form in the VFL and finish off his career in better form than last year.

Leave on a high so that all will remember that he was a very good player.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    -----

Aker is on drugs if he thinks he honestly believes this. Cooney, Griffen, Lake, Boyd & Hall would be in our top 5 on this years performances, up to atleast another 10 would be mentioned before you get to Aker.
    Interesting grab from Eade on the Channel 2 news, he was at a press conferance and was told what Aker said about being in the top 10,8, 5 players at the club. Eade went on to say something along the lines

I guess theres a bit of a reality check in there.

Day by day it may just get harder and harder for Akermanis to play senior AFL football again.

Post Thanks / Like

Once again Jason is being hung out to dry by the scumbag media misquoting him.

I listened to Jason on MTR this morning and he said that at his best he is in our best 15, probably even our best 10 and maybe our best 5.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Would also like for Jason to see some value in winning back the trust of the Club's supporters. Have been a long time fan and backer of Jason but he's losing my support fast. His recent article makes reference to me, myself, & I ~ 45 times. He makes reference to 'Team' but too many roads seem to lead to his own self importance / indulgence.
    I counted 34. So he is a bit arrogant. Top players often are. What he does on the field counts more than his articles. But it is starting to get to a point where maybe the club just don't need him now and can cut their losses.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I'm interested to know why he used the term 'their' rather than 'our' when referring to his ranking within the team.
    Good point. Bulldogs are a close knit bunch. Well noted. That's really disappointing from Aker.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post
    Aker is Aker, I have always been a big fan. He stuffed up but hey I am not about to hang him - everyone makes mistakes, some more than others. Hopefully, he does get back into the team and ends his final year on a happy note.
    Yeah, look I agree with this. . Hey, he didn't lure anyone back to his apartment and try partner swapping or anything like that now did he ( Halo slipping saints!).
    The game is a bit more interesting with characters like him around, love him or hate him.

Youtube, highlights reel for reminders on the kind of player we are talking about. Maybe not top 5, but certainly in our best 22.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, what she said... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I counted 34. So he is a bit arrogant. Top players often are. What he does on the field counts more than his articles. But it is starting to get to a point where maybe the club just don't need him now and can cut their losses.....
    Very common trait amongst highly successful sportspeople....
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean up to a point but the way he has been behaving this year is just simply unprofessional, I can't think of any other word to describe it. Why should there be one set of rules for everyone else and one for him?

Post Thanks / Like

A very reasonable article, I thought. To those bagging him for the perceived over-use of personal pronouns - the articles are written by him, about his experiences. He has to use "I" and "me"! He's also been isolated from the group, and I don't blame him for feeling it. If he wrote an article using 'them', 'they' , people would accuse him of being bitter, laying blame etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Aker, if you do happen to read this, it's time to give the media away till October and start thinking about "US". It's not Me Myself & I. It's about the team. Your so called "Team Mates & The Club & Supporters"
    I for one would love to see Aker back at his explosive best, But I do believe it is time he had a rest from the media, and concentrated on being an integral part of OUR TEAM