Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rusty Aker

Post Thanks / Like

Rusty Aker

2 articles:

Matt Windley - Herald Sun

BY HIS own admission he was rusty, but the smile on Jason Akermanis's face after his VFL return yesterday suggested he was happy just to be back playing footy.

Wearing No. 75, Akermanis was no more than a bit-part player in Williamstown's 58-point win over Sandringham at Trevor Barker Oval.

Heavily tagged, the Brownlow medallist managed just five kicks, nine handballs and four marks in his first game in a month after a hamstring injury.

Link

Brett Diamond - The Age

WESTERN BULLDOGS veteran Jason Akermanis says he is confident of returning to form as he eyes a round-16 return for the Bulldogs after a two-week stint at Williamstown in the VFL.

The controversial Akermanis got through the first of two compulsory matches in the Seagulls' 62-point win over Sandringham yesterday - while serving a club ban over a newspaper column.

Akermanis showed only glimpses of his usual pace and robotic touch - albeit being shut down by Alistair Smith - in a match in which he described himself as being "rusty after five weeks off".

Link
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rusty Aker

Did they win by 58 or 62?

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1225887799326

Humble as ever ol' Aker. He's really perfecting the art of making everyone dislike him, by what he comes out with. Again, this was a completely unnecessary spin to put on the game.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL. Someone can't get it right...

Post Thanks / Like

Good of Aker to also come out and put some heat on Ryan Griffen by potting his effort to not shepherd...really what we need.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Aker will play again for the dogs. The meetings a couple of weeks ago were clearly about the coach and players not trusting him.

I do not think his comments are that bad, but he clearly does not seem to get it that his fellow players want him to shut his mouth.
    Last edited by aker39; 05-07-2010 at 03:24 PM.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    I don't think Aker will play again for the dogs. The meetings a couple of weeks ago were clearly about the coach and players not trusting him.

I do not think his comments are that bad, but he clearly does not seem to get it that his fellow players won't him to shut his mouth.
    I think the comments are very very ordinary. To bag the opposition player who tagged him, as well as discrediting the standard of the comp - it again shows his lack of humility - and it makes him sound a frustrated and bitter old man.

With his Griffen comments, Aker is not a club leader, was not playing in the game and isn't even with the senior group at the moment - he simply shouldn't comment.

Agree with your first line for sure aker39.

How could you trust him?

Post Thanks / Like

Those comments were totally disrespectful.

Post Thanks / Like

I do not think his comments are that bad, but he clearly does not seem to get it that his fellow players won't him to shut his mouth.
    Aker39, I think you should change your handle to reflect your disgust in Jason's behaviour.

Thinking something along the lines of Cypress20.

Post Thanks / Like

I do not think his comments are that bad, but he clearly does not seem to get it that his fellow players want him to shut his mouth.

And I think many of the supporters also want him to shut his mouth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Good of Aker to also come out and put some heat on Ryan Griffen by potting his effort to not shepherd...really what we need.
    So what do you think of Eade doing the same thing?

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, what is the big deal?

Sat on by a tagger (if it was true) in a game Willi won by 10 goals? His comments were more about Sandy (we played team footy, they didn't) than any individual player. No big deal.

Comments about Griff just reiterated what the coach (and countless people on here) had already stated - already public domain stuff. I am pretty certain Griff would be disappointed in himself and accept that he and he alone is accountable for his actions...

Non Issue.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    His comments were more about Sandy (we played team footy, they didn't) than any individual player.

"That's what happens when you go down and play in that league. You get some dribbler who can't play at all, can't kick...."

I'd suggest those comments are about an individual player.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Well its clearly not a non-issue.

When Aker makes comments about other players - its always a big deal, attracting attention.
    When any player makes a negative reference to another player it attracts attention. He said the kid (St.Kilda rookie) was a dribbler, couldn't kick and couldn't play - thats a fair dig.
    And it is the coaches place to comment on Griffen. Not Aker's.

The point is - nothing ever changes - its always all about Aker because thats how he likes it - and it sh1ts me - and plenty of others - and the negativity is not needed when the team is performing well below expectations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Well its clearly not a non-issue.
    Why? What is the problem?

Does any of this really impact our performances? It just falls into the 'excuses' category - the whole kerfuffle about the original newspaper article can be lumped in the same group if you ask me...the REAL problem was that Jason wasn't playing good football!

Yes, I agree he needs to focus on his footy and all of that...but how many hours each day do you think he could possibly do that?

I really could not care less what Aker says about Sandy and their performances, about Alistair Smith or whether Griff should have tried to shepherd...these things DON'T MATTER. That you don't like his me first attitude is fine (and I agree with you to be truthful) but it is a non-issue with regards to our results.

Griff is responsible for his actions from Friday night just as Jason is responsible for his game on the weekend and performances throughout the year. So long as whatever Jason said in the paper he was/is happy to day to Griff face-to-face I have no issue with it.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.