Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hall and Johnson earn a week off

Quote Originally Posted by Suz 32 View Post
    Are you talking about Chad Studley Cornes?
    the one and only.

And Josh Carr to be promoted to Glenelg as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I was being sarcastic so I used the sarcasm 'emoticon'.

Look I don't want to take Port lightly, but I see no need in risking the welfare of our players in a game we should win with a leg in the air.
    I do not think we should under estimate Port this week. Their form against Collingwood was pretty good and with a new Coach on board you could expect spirited opposition.
    Better to take Hall and use him sparingly if need be. This is to important a clash to go into the game without Hall our best forward by far this year. Liam Jones has plenty of time to show his wares. I would make just two changes bringing back Aker and Eagleton for Stack and Johnson.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    I do not think we should under estimate Port this week. Their form against Collingwood was pretty good and with a new Coach on board you could expect spirited opposition.
    Better to take Hall and use him sparingly if need be. This is to important a clash to go into the game without Hall our best forward by far this year. Liam Jones has plenty of time to show his wares. I would make just two changes bringing back Aker and Eagleton for Stack and Johnson.
    It was?

Besides a good 1st qtr when they kicked with a strong wind they were ordinary.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember in 2006 when we needed one more win to make the top 8. We all thought we were a shoo in to beat Port in Darwin & they beat us. We can't underestimate them. I know it was 4 years ago & both teams are very different, but just wanted to make a point.

Post Thanks / Like

Given the conditions we will face in Darwin I quite like the idea of a smaller forward line.

Given the slippery conditions in Darwin the ball will definitely be on the deck far more often making Baz surplus this week.

I like the idea of our old method of small unpredicatble forward line. Take Baz out and it will make Primus' job of organising his backline a hell of a lot more difficult.

We got Aker to come back in, Possibly Hill as well, I think we'll have more than enough scoring power to overcome Port. They are a dead set rabble at the moment, I've watched a few of their games of late and they are as bad as it gets. If we are worth our salt this year we should dispose of them clinically as good sides do (see geelong, St Kilda) and prepare ourselves for what will no doubt be our season defining game.

Our backline has shown it's versatility all year and will not be troubled whether the ball is in the air or on the deck, their smaller brigade of forwards will have a nice tough night out.

I'm sure it was always in Rocket's calculations to give baz a rest at some stage and this week seems as good as any.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    My Mail is "The Chad" will also miss the flight and will be lining up for Glenelg this week, for his first game there for many years.
    Damn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post

And Josh Carr to be promoted to Glenelg as well.
    Damn again

Post Thanks / Like

It would be a good week try out Jones!

I would also like to rest Hudson but this probably isnt the right week as we already have Hall and Johnson out, maybe when Minno is back he can get a rest!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAMA View Post
    Given the conditions we will face in Darwin I quite like the idea of a smaller forward line.

Given the slippery conditions in Darwin the ball will definitely be on the deck far more often making Baz surplus this week.

I like the idea of our old method of small unpredicatble forward line. Take Baz out and it will make Primus' job of organising his backline a hell of a lot more difficult.

We got Aker to come back in, Possibly Hill as well, I think we'll have more than enough scoring power to overcome Port. They are a dead set rabble at the moment, I've watched a few of their games of late and they are as bad as it gets. If we are worth our salt this year we should dispose of them clinically as good sides do (see geelong, St Kilda) and prepare ourselves for what will no doubt be our season defining game.

Our backline has shown it's versatility all year and will not be troubled whether the ball is in the air or on the deck, their smaller brigade of forwards will have a nice tough night out.

I'm sure it was always in Rocket's calculations to give baz a rest at some stage and this week seems as good as any.
    This.

Great post.

I hope we rest Hudson soon too, though. Probably can't rest him if both Johnson/Hall aren't making the trip, but I don't want to reach Finals and have Hudson running on empty like he was in 2008. He's one of our most important players - need to manage him accordingly. He has to play v Freo obviously, but the Kangaroos/Adelaide (away) games will be important too.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a think about who should be rested and came up with this team list, we have to elevate a rookie or two and I thought who needs a interchange bench the boys are fit enough.

B Callan, Mulligan, Tiller

HB Addison, Boumann, Tutt

C Moles, Hooper, Howard

HF Daniels, Jones, Prato

F Hill, Panos, Akermanis

R Roughead, Eagleton, Rose
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Agree 100%. We have enough depth to cover the outs (especially against Port)

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I see no need in risking the welfare of our players in a game we should win with a leg in the air.
    Balance the risks. Need those 4 points badly. Also need to rest the key players.
    But totally disagree with both of the above.

As posted in another thread.

"From all reports Carr was leap-frogged into the team because he pleaded to play in Choco's farewell game, not because he was about to retire. Added nothing, and just too slow now - Harding would have given us more. And Motlop ... well he occupied a guernsey again."

They may have dead wood gone by rnd 16 + new brains in the box + surely fire in the guts being proud club.

It may be good to rest key players for fear of injury. Port are brawlers ( 2009, 14 times tribunal to our 6 ). No injuries wanted.

Tight contest predicted. Hope I am wrong.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

SEN are reporting that Bazza has an ankle injury and may be out for a few weeks. Ouch!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    SEN are reporting that Bazza has an ankle injury and may be out for a few weeks. Ouch!
    Hopefully it's just the one week.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAMA View Post

Last year we had Minson playing perhaps one of his best games, and Aker tore them apart. With Aker's form unknown — he may be back but then again he may just have been a champion AFL player playing against VFL-level opposition — it's a bit of a worry how the team is going to shape up.

I think we've shown this year that we can handle it without Johnno. Hall is the player we need to protect as much as possible. He is vital — without him, go to Europe for a month-long holiday on September 1st.

I'd like to see — Aker for Stack. Eagle for Johnno.

Post Thanks / Like

Good fuel for the new coach to say that we are not taking them seriously but the gamble is probably worth it for future games