Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rodney Eade stands firm as hopes of a return fade for Jason Akermanis

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    "But it is believed the details of an almost completed book are causing as much angst, if not more.

It is understood the book, due for release after the season, is honest in its appraisal of some current teammates.

There is speculation that Robert Murphy, Daniel Giansiracusa and perhaps ruckman Ben Hudson get mentions in the book - and word has filtered back to Whitten Oval."

Don't like this bit.
    I also don't like it, if it's true of course.

Aker is well within his rights to bring out a tell all book, blow by blow description on his ex team mates etc, but not whilst he is at the club.

I think that smacks of complete disrespect whilst these players are his team mates, once he has left the building, fine, go for his life, but whilst these players are still there, still playing alongside etc, just poor form, and i couldn't care less if the club was placed 16th and no chance of making finals what so ever, you just don't go there, while he is still there.

Aker is going to be retired for a VERY LONG TIME, and plenty of free time to write whatever the hell he wants to.

Post Thanks / Like

“Due for release after the season”

Aker will have left the building.

Bulldogs: Shut up and play footy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post

How about Aker shutting up and playing footy.

Post Thanks / Like

He didn't write the article - and hasn't released the book. He has been playing footy and has done everything asked of him. Not his fault he isn't selected.

Having said that. I wouldn't pic him yet. 3 changes are too many. Maybe next week bring him in - for Gia.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Aker's being hung out to dry based on speculation (by the public anyway)... IF there's a book, and IF he pays out on current team mates, it's not going to happen for aaaaaaages.... and we have important football games to try and win. It's not likely that anyone should be surprised by his candour! He served his penance, either bring him back in or release him and let him get on with his life. Speculation is, as always, rife. Remember Briza's contract negotiations, and all the speculation that went with that?
    Last edited by AndrewP6; 20-07-2010 at 08:09 PM.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    He didn't write the article - and hasn't released the book. He has been playing footy and has done everything asked of him. Not his fault he isn't selected.

Having said that. I wouldn't pic him yet. 3 changes are too many. Maybe next week bring him in - for Gia.
    Utter nonsense, of course it's his own fault but neither he nor those who blindly follow his every utterance will see that.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

It is really simple. If Jason is in the best 22 then he should be in the team.

Post Thanks / Like

He didn't write the article - and hasn't released the book. He has been playing footy and has done everything asked of him. Not his fault he isn't selected.Having said that. I wouldn't pic him yet. 3 changes are too many. Maybe next week bring him in - for Gia.
    If only he could control his own mouth.

Honestly, all he had to do was shut up for a couple of weeks(and preform well enough at Willi) and would have gotten back in the side. I just can't understand how he couldn't put his ego aside and think about the big picture 'help win us a bloody flag'.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    It is really simple. If Jason is in the best 22 then he should be in the team.
    Exactly. Now seriously, without considering his past season's output, do you really believe he is a definite starter in our 22?

On skill which he has in abundance of, he makes the cut with ease. On this years output, his aging legs, lack of pace/defensive efforts, lack of cohesion with the club and or players, I'd have to say no.

IMO, all supporters that suggest the club are hanging him out to dry for his misdemeanors should really look at Akermanis of 2010, whether you take into consideration his injury/excuse/reasoning the game has simply passed him by. What he needed to do is devote anytime possible to get his body in as good as a condition possible and at regain the form we have seen in the years gone by.

The same can be said about Mitch Hahn, I can't see either of these two players making a difference come finals time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wb_age View Post
    Exactly. Now seriously, without considering his past season's output, do you really believe he is a definite starter in our 22?

On skill which he has in abundance of, he makes the cut with ease. On this years output, his aging legs, lack of pace/defensive efforts, lack of cohesion with the club and or players, I'd have to say no.

IMO, all supporters that suggest the club are hanging him out to dry for his misdemeanors should really look at Akermanis of 2010, whether you take into consideration his injury/excuse/reasoning the game has simply passed him by. What he needed to do is devote anytime possible to get his body in as good as a condition possible and at regain the form we have seen in the years gone by.

The same can be said about Mitch Hahn, I can't see either of these two players making a difference come finals time.
    Great post and I agree 100%
    The curse is dead.

The Boy From Brasil Guest

Why do you say that?

Eade said last week that there were still some things that Aker needed to do or show before he could get into the senior team. The ball is in clearly Jasons court.

Not related to this post, but just in general, it amazes me how little respect or trust some supporters have for our leadership group. They are critical of the leadership group without knowing all the facts that goes on behind the scenes. And they don't appreciate the fact that the reason that the leadership group sets standards, values and a "team before individual" ethos is for the young players who come into the club, so they know what is acceptable and not acceptable. Any actions that the leadership group is for the benefit of the team and the playing list as a whole. The team will always come before the individual.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Utter nonsense, of course it's his own fault but neither he nor those who blindly follow his every utterance will see that.
    I'm waiting for the old 'accepting mediocrity' line to be rolled out by supporters who have fallen for Aker's victim act.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wb_age View Post

Very good post. This is how I feel too. From memory he has rolled out quite a few excuses over the last few years whenever his form has been down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Very good post. This is how I feel too. From memory he has rolled out quite a few excuses over the last few years whenever his form has been down.
    I reckon we've carried a few "favorite sons" over the years who on the basis of form and fitness, should have been de-listed. In fact I think we still are doing that this year.

And when i look at he deeds of Cousins with his ongoing drug-related problems, and Hall who I don't think I'm the only one who nervously waits for the inevitable brain explosion, I think Acker's been hard done by.

Eade's mentioned the club not having a "winning mentality" or words to that affect. Well winners are often selfish, they are different, and they are often extroverts. But Acker, really, was never a "favorite son" and didn't fit the culture of the club-too extroverted, too selfish, and dare I say it, won too many premierships.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From Brasil View Post

Eade said last week that there were still some things that Aker needed to do or show before he could get into the senior team. The ball is in clearly Jasons court.
    Didn't he also say they were 'on field' issues? That clearly wasn't the case.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]