Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Akermanis sacked by Dogs

Thankfully a lot of you know that even tho I say "I'm Just a Loud Mouthed Shnook" I definately am NOT AKA

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to wish Jason all the best in the Future and it is such a pity that he has left Our Club on such a sour note.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Methinks he won't be in the stands at any of our remaining matches!
    Or Willy's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    We are very lucky to have the guys that we have running our club.
    Absolutely. David Smorgon should be inducted into the HOF once his days as Prez are over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    Perhaps. Put that footy in Akermanis' hands last year instead of Gia's in the last minutes and our season might've been a week longer.

My point is, when we haven't even played the Granny since 1961 giving away even a millimeter of advantage is not wise — and Aker has proven to be an advantage come finals time, mouth notwithstanding.

Why are Carlton in the same position as last year? Because they don't have a forward. They haven't grown and will not.

Absolutely. Whilst I won't criticise 100% the decision and I understand the reasons behind it (or think I do based on what we've been told) I don't think that pandering to the media circus, and sacking a player to relieve the club of distraction instead of just being mentally tough enough to do the job week in week out DESPITE the distraction is just not up to scratch for me.

I think Akers best has past him. Gia had the ball and got himself to the best position to at least have a shot. Where was Aker? Aker played in that game and he didn't kick this magic X-factor goal everyone is talking about. We needed that goal in the prelim and he didn't deliver when he was in reasonable form, so why will he kick the match winning goal when he has had a very ordinary season. Aker was a champion, but now he is just 1 of 22. I think we can more than cover him going by his current form.

Post Thanks / Like

Surely the bottom line is you follow the club not one individual player. If the MC's thought a player was a major distraction to the club and had no choice but to sack him, then I would have to agree with the decision. (Note: No other big name player in recent times, has been sacked during the season by our club).

At the end of the day Aker was a good marketing for our club, no doubt about that. We also gave him the opportunity to earn very good $$$ in the twilight of his career.
    Next year he will only have his media career as a money earner (unless he decides to play for the Gold Coast)
    The club has moved on, unfortunately I am not so sure Aker will for a while..........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Next year he will only have his media career as a money earner (unless he decides to play for the Gold Coast)
    Travis Auld has said he doesn't fit in with their plan to build around the draftees....
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]