Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  17
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Easton Wood

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Easton Wood

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    If I recall correctly there were many on this board who doubted he would make it. Even his kicking doesn't attract criticism anymore.

Shows how dramatically a career can turn if a player gets a decent run at it.
    Has become a solid kick. Is also brave enough to look inside and make that 30m kick on the '45.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Has become a solid kick. Is also brave enough to look inside and make that 30m kick on the '45.
    But knows when to go long down the line.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Speaking of this, Matty Boyd is brilliant at taking a few steps acting like his going for a big switch accross the ground, then quickly ducking back to the inside and finding an open man down the middle.

Post Thanks / Like

Wood is in scintilating form, just dominant in the air at the moment and when his feet are moving, breaking the lines like a warm knife through butter. The long kick inside 50 has been the best, most effective turn around right across the club of which Wood has been the best exponent this season.

Going swimmingly.

Post Thanks / Like

Wood has become close to my favourite player.

Always liked him and predicted a couple of years ago he could become a jet, but he certainly stagnated - had a few injuries and some inconsistencies.

He's had a phenomenal year so far, great to see. Feel so relieved when I see him under/charging to an opposition long ball, you just know he's going to mark/spoil it.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw Easton out at the Sun Theatre in Yarraville last night, and was really surprised at how skinny the bloke's legs are. Doesn't look like a footballer at all.

7. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hearing Easton speak post game I can see why he's rated a leader internally. He's an articulate and confident speaker who is able to get the team message across. He comes across as a genuine person and as we've seen on field he leads from the front with his actions.
    I would not be surprised if he is in calculations to be considered a future captain when Bob hangs it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    Saw Easton out at the Sun Theatre in Yarraville last night, and was really surprised at how skinny the bloke's legs are. Doesn't look like a footballer at all.
    Really surprised at this. The bloke's thighs are huge and he has the best muscle definition in his legs I've ever seen. He looks like a finely tuned athlete....which is exactly what he is. Do I sound a little gay?
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

10. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Everytime I see the thread title I get a little smile and that Signed, Sealed and Delivered song goes through my head. Except Delivered is changed to Delivering. It's a better fit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Really surprised at this. The bloke's thighs are huge and he has the best muscle definition in his legs I've ever seen. He looks like a finely tuned athlete....which is exactly what he is. Do I sound a little gay?
    As was I (surprised, not a little gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that Jerry) Heck, maybe it was just the jeans. There were plenty of soccer mums around who were having an eyeful too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    They're massive aren't they. When he jumps he competes with key forwards. Perfect athlete, strong through the legs and hips and fast twitch muscle fibres.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    They're massive aren't they. When he jumps he competes with key forwards. Perfect athlete, strong through the legs and hips and fast twitch muscle fibres.
    Good breeding, from his commonwealth games athlete parents.

Post Thanks / Like

Has it been the most meteoric rise from a relatively senior player since Lake? I can't think of many guys that go from relatively average to genuine gun that quickly once they get to their mid 20s

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Has it been the most meteoric rise from a relatively senior player since Lake? I can't think of many guys that go from relatively average to genuine gun that quickly once they get to their mid 20s

Good point lem. usually if a player gets to his mid 20s and hasn't made an impression the odds of him making an impression aren't good. With Wood though it was injury that got him each time he started to play good footy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Good point lem. usually if a player gets to his mid 20s and hasn't made an impression the odds of him making an impression aren't good. With Wood though it was injury that got him each time he started to play good footy.
    So, let's knock on 'Wood'.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.