Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  17
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Easton Wood

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Easton Wood

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks N/A, josie thanked for this post
    Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well deserved.
    You just love watching Easton play - he is quality.

Post Thanks / Like

We all love Easton..

However do people think the role of captaincy has impacted his game at all? Whether positively or negatively?

The last few weeks I have noticed Easton seems to be trying too hard. He's trying to impact more contests, which in theory is fine, however he's made some really poor decisions in relation to when to kill the contest and when he's needed on the deck.

Last week especially there were 3 or 4 occasions Easton launched into a pack which we already had a clear numbers advantage. Only to see the ball flick out the back and we got punished for it.

He's passion and intent is obviously all we can ask, but when you go to far it can start having negative impacts on the side.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Woody is marginally off his game since getting injured and has also been impacted by the instability of the back 6.
    I think we probably need to see a couple more weeks of him as captain to see if it has affected his footy, but at this point I'd be more inclined to say that the injuries we experienced has impacted all of the back six, and the changes to the unit are influencing all of the defenders a bit.

He made some bad decisions as to whether to fly or not fly in some contests last week. Might be trying too hard and losing a bit of composure.

6. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I think Woody is marginally off his game since getting injured and has also been impacted by the instability of the back 6.
    I think we probably need to see a couple more weeks of him as captain to see if it has affected his footy, but at this point I'd be more inclined to say that the injuries we experienced has impacted all of the back six, and the changes to the unit are influencing all of the defenders a bit.

He made some bad decisions as to whether to fly or not fly in some contests last week. Might be trying too hard and losing a bit of composure.
    Probably didn't help when his first two kicks were turnovers. Hoping he will have a better game this week.

Post Thanks / Like

I think teams are purposely drawing him away from the contest and putting more work into him as he smashed the intercept marking records last year and he is too successful as the third man up in impacting a contest normally.
    In the absence of Bobby & JJ he's the guy you want to stop as his ability to intercept makes him statistically one of our most important players.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I think teams are purposely drawing him away from the contest and putting more work into him as he smashed the intercept marking records last year and he is too successful as the third man up in impacting a contest normally.
    In the absence of Bobby & JJ he's the guy you want to stop as his ability to intercept makes him statistically one of our most important players.
    Agreed and it's working. He's trying to be in 3 places at once. Opposition forwards are being more attacking and drawing our defenders deeper. You don't have to be as accountable on our second tier half backs as opposed to Murph and JJ.

In the four games he's played this year he's actually getting the ball more than he did last year, although his marks are down around 30-40%.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.