Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

'They did not want my help': Jason Akermanis

Finn Bradshaw - Herald Sun - 21 July

EXCLUSIVE: JASON Akermanis has broken his silence for the first time since being sacked by the Western Bulldogs.

The Bulldogs today terminated his contract for what they said were ongoing breaches of trust in the controversial footballer’s fourth season at the club.

Akermanis told the Herald Sun this afternoon he was disappointed by the club’s decision.

“I wanted nothing more than help the club in the finals,” the three-time premiership winner said.

“The only problem is they didn’t want my help.”

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 'They did not want my help': Jason Akermanis

Can't wait for the article tomorrow, I'm sure it will paint an entirely accurate picture of what happened.

And what a joy that he broke his silence after what, two hours?

Post Thanks / Like

I (believe) I was the Last person to see Aka leave the Club.
    I was outside the Pound main entrance talking to a friend when Aka Walked Hurriedly from the "Kennel".
    I gave him the Thumbs up and "Wink". All I got in return was a shrug and he continued on his way.
    Later as waiting on a fellow supporter to arrive, we have recently sponsored Patrick Rose for the remainder of the season, I quizzed The "DRE" and a Staff member about Aker's attitude, and was met with very cautious replies. I appreciate the way that they didn't leak the SHOCK announcement. However while watching the training session with other supporters, we could tell via the body language, even from the trainers that something was going on.
    I for one wish Aka all the best for his future.
    He has been a Great Assess to our Club.
    We knew when he came that he was controversial, and he has been.
    But, he has, formost of his time, given his all to the Red White & Blue.

Let's not ostrisize him(hope that's the way to spell it)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shnookie View Post
    I (believe) I was the Last person to see Aka leave the Club.
    I was outside the Pound main entrance talking to a friend when Aka Walked Hurriedly from the "Kennel".
    I gave him the Thumbs up and "Wink". All I got in return was a shrug and he continued on his way.
    Later as waiting on a fellow supporter to arrive, we have recently sponsored Patrick Rose for the remainder of the season, I quizzed The "DRE" and a Staff member about Aker's attitude, and was met with very cautious replies. I appreciate the way that they didn't leak the SHOCK announcement. However while watching the training session with other supporters, we could tell via the body language, even from the trainers that something was going on.
    I for one wish Aka all the best for his future.
    He has been a Great Assess to our Club.
    We knew when he came that he was controversial, and he has been.
    But, he has, formost of his time, given his all to the Red White & Blue.

Let's not ostrisize him(hope that's the way to spell it)
    Well said....I won't ostracise him (or you for spelling it wrong! )
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

If the club has done this because Akermanis leaked information in team meetings and disclosed information about players then doesn't this all make it worse? He can say whatever he wants now publicly. As much as people say this will galvanise the team I think that it also has the potential to derail our season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkie View Post
    If the club has done this because Akermanis leaked information in team meetings and disclosed information about players then doesn't this all make it worse? He can say whatever he wants now publicly. As much as people say this will galvanise the team I think that it also has the potential to derail our season.
    I think this will make the side stronger as it was the players who were sick of his atittude, now he has gone they will be stronger.
    The only thing that could derail us is maybe the meida and supporters abuse etc.
    Lets take a step back here, Cooney was put under the pump last week, why?
    Players I suggest like Cooney more than Aker, you upset a team favourite who do you think the players will not like?

The book ? if true ,thats another 3 team mates he has had a go at, anyone playing aussie rules would know you dont bag your mates.
    He was making enemies not friends, thus upsetting a lot of his own club , what choice did the club have? ONE.

Post Thanks / Like

Right now as fired up as I am, I would welcome back Nathan Brown before I would Aker.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Well said....I won't ostracise him (or you for spelling it wrong! )
    Thanks Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkie View Post
    So i he did leak info, how come we've not heard any of it in the media?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post

The book ? if true ,thats another 3 team mates he has had a go at, anyone playing aussie rules would know you dont bag your mates.
    This book thing, it's all unproven. See how fearful people are of the mighty pen. I think the players were jumping at shadows myself. But if I were them, I probably would have been as wary.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I think this will make the side stronger as it was the players who were sick of his atittude, now he has gone they will be stronger.
    The only thing that could derail us is maybe the meida and supporters abuse etc.
    Tired of hearing this same old, crap line.

We thought the '08 Finals series would make us stronger, enabling us to take the next step. It didn't happen.

We thought we'd learnt from the '08 QF coming into the game v Geelong. It didn't happen.

We thought we'd be able to handle pressure moments in the final v St. Kilda. It didn't happen.

This entire year has hardly been one to remember thus far either. Time to turn it around and still have an impact, but if I had a dollar for every time we said "this will make us stronger", "this will help us take the next step", or "the players' will be hungrier now than ever" .... I'd be a very, very rich man. We've shown in the past we can't deal with expectation and pressure, so until I see a buck in the trend, I'm not going to say scenarios like this will make us stronger.

It's make or break, boom or bust this finals series.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Right now as fired up as I am, I would welcome back Nathan Brown before I would Aker.
    omg!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Griffen View Post
    omg!!!!!!!
    Classic eh?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Lets take a step back here, Cooney was put under the pump last week, why?
    Players I suggest like Cooney more than Aker, you upset a team favourite who do you think the players will not like?

He was making enemies not friends, thus upsetting a lot of his own club , what choice did the club have? ONE.
    Are you saying EVERY single player wanted Aker gone? I find that hard to believe. Surely Aker had mates in the team. I doubt it'd make the team stronger, in fact I think it'd split the team if anything. That's just my opinion though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Classic eh?
    Ghost Dog, as you say, this has been an interesting "debate" amongst us Woofers! There indeed have been some classic comments that I find a little hard to understand!