Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 'They did not want my help': Jason Akermanis

Heard Ricky Oalrenshaw on SEN who was rather scathing on Aker's inability to listen to anyone. He was warned on not appearing on Morning Brekky show in that the need to gather ratings and headlines would be detrimental.I hear he's managed by the lapsed Richmond fan shock jock Steve Price. Also Oalrenshaw thinks that he should let the dust settle then comment,but I guess it's impossible for Jason to just shut the F*** up!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkie View Post
    If the club has done this because Akermanis leaked information in team meetings and disclosed information about players then doesn't this all make it worse? He can say whatever he wants now publicly. As much as people say this will galvanise the team I think that it also has the potential to derail our season.
    Agreed...mental fortitude hasn't been a hallmark of our season thus far.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Heard Ricky Oalrenshaw on SEN who was rather scathing on Aker's inability to listen to anyone. He was warned on not appearing on Morning Brekky show in that the need to gather ratings and headlines would be detrimental.I hear he's managed by the lapsed Richmond fan shock jock Steve Price. Also Oalrenshaw thinks that he should let the dust settle then comment,but I guess it's impossible for Jason to just shut the F*** up!
    I heard Ricky O on Gold 104, and the main theme of the discussion was all the work he'd done with Aker. He went through the great things he'd done for him. If Aker was getting humility lessons from him, it was the wrong person!
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkie View Post
    Are you saying EVERY single player wanted Aker gone? I find that hard to believe. Surely Aker had mates in the team. I doubt it'd make the team stronger, in fact I think it'd split the team if anything. That's just my opinion though.
    He probably does have mates at the club but this wasnt about mates this was a professional talk on the club and whats best for it.
    Obviously all the problems that were from him meant they as a team couldnt have him
    anymore.
    Depending on how the meetings were held (and being 3 of them), I would say by the third one it had got to unanimous, his mates couldnt defend him after 2 times.
    How many times can you defend a mate after 2 times being pulled in to line?
    I have no doubt his mates stuck up for him in 2 meetings but after 3 times its pretty much all over red rover.
    Also like to add after 2 times getting his mates to defend him dont you think you would help your mates and not put them in that position 3 times?
    The meetings would have been fact driven so in the end even mates have no choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Classic eh?
    As mentioned in another thread, just wait until Akers book comes out (most probably during our finals campaign.