Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

'When I was told I was sacked, I broke down for 15 minutes'

When I was told I was sacked, I broke down for 15 minutes

I FEEL gutted. Stripped bare, taken apart, stripped of everything I thought was important in a football club.
    You get asked to adhere to certain stipulations and you are found wanting by a group that ultimately will be judged by premiership success.
    You know what? I desperately hope that the Western Bulldogs win this year's flag, so someone as deserving as Dale Morris can stand up with the premiership trophy in his hands.
    He is the one bloke in my time with the Bulldogs I will look back at and say, you could learn something from that player.
    When I was told the club wanted me to resign - which is the new way of saying you are being sacked - I broke down for 15 minutes.
    From memory, I didn't even have a shower, but who would know?
    After all, how many players have been sacked like I was?

ARTICLE IN FULL ...
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 'When I was told I was sacked, I broke down for 15 minutes'

A couple of swipes but suprisingly restrained. We'll see how contrite he is with the nuffies egging him on on live radio, but not a bad start from Aker.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    A couple of swipes but suprisingly restrained. We'll see how contrite he is with the nuffies egging him on on live radio, but not a bad start from Aker.

Well its been 12 hours and he hasn't potted someone yet. Good start...

I presume he will keep that for The Footy Show.

Dale Morris should take him out for a Coffee and please with him for 2 months of STFU followed by 50 years of go your hardest.

Post Thanks / Like

He is starting to throw a few grenades with Steve Price.

Aker is definitely playing the "poor little Aker sympathy card" and it appears to be working. Public opinion is slowly turning towards him since he has started speaking out.

He is starting to win the PR battle, not with journalists who know the real story, but with the general public. The club needs to get on top of this quickly.

In my mind the club made the right call. All supporters need to back the club on this. Can't believe the hysteria from some so called club supporters.

Post Thanks / Like

He even had a falling out with his own manager, Ricky Olarenshaw, who stated that he was unmanageable.

You feel sorry for the bloke, just one of those guys who will end up having no friends.

When you mentor is Steve Price, who only wants to be your friend for his own promotional gain, you are in big trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post

He is starting to win the PR battle, not with journalists who know the real story, but with the general public. The club needs to get on top of this quickly.

In my mind the club made the right call. All supporters need to back the club on this. Can't believe the hysteria from some so called club supporters.
    The club did the right thing and I don't think they need to hose this down at all. The best thing they can do is just look forward. If Aker wants to make backhanded swipes at our president, coach and captain then let him.

As for the general public, all you hear are complainers, they're the more vocal ones.

Post Thanks / Like

A spoilt child he is coming accross as. Reminds me of that little germ that played for the Hammerheads in the reality footy team some years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen a Bob Murphy article today...does anyone know if Bob or the club have decided not to run it this week? Its a highlight of my Thursday mornings!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    The club did the right thing.
    How, exactly, do you make that assessment when the club has not made it known specifically why he was sacked?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I haven't seen a Bob Murphy article today...does anyone know if Bob or the club have decided not to run it this week? Its a highlight of my Thursday mornings!
    I'll Now have to "Buy" The Age. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Post Thanks / Like

Aker is definitely playing the "poor little Aker sympathy card" and it appears to be working. Public opinion is slowly turning towards him since he has started speaking out.

Why so called supporters? you can support the club but have a different view from some of its decisions. Not all of us like to follow blindly. Debate is healthy and diversity of opinion is good no?
    support the club, but the jury remains out if they made the right choice as not all the facts are there. Even moderators on this blog ( GvG ) are saying the club does not deserve to be patting itself on the back 100% - that there are some things it could have done better. These people know more about the situation than me.
    Also, Desipura, how does it help to sling mud at Jason by calling him a spoiled child?
    If we don't want him to sling mud, best not to sling it at him.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Why so called supporters? you can support the club but have a different view from some of its decisions. Not all of us like to follow blindly. Debate is healthy and diversity of opinion is good no?
    support the club, but the jury remains out if they made the right choice as not all the facts are there. Even moderators on this blog ( GvG ) are saying the club does not deserve to be patting itself on the back 100% - that there are some things it could have done better. These people know more about the situation than me.
    Also, Desipura, how does it help to sling mud at Jason by calling him a spoiled child?
    If we don't want him to sling mud, best not to sling it at him.
    I suggest you read the first bolded part from yourself. I see it that way, I tell it that way.
    Im sure me slinging him is not going to cause him to lose any sleep.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    I suggest you read the first bolded part from yourself. I see it that way, I tell it that way.
    Im sure me slinging him is not going to cause him to lose any sleep.
    Insulting someone is an opinion of sorts albiet the worst variety. If that's all you can manage to contribute, then that's fine. I'm sure Aker won't lost any sleep either.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

That is the key. In my opinion you get nuffies ringing from all supporter bases insisting they are Doggie supporters.

Post Thanks / Like

For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.