Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Johnno turned players against me: Akermanis

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    My point is that even if you as a player supported Aker, when you saw Cooney ambushed on TFS then you would be behind getting rid of Aker. Unacceptable behaviour.
    It might come back to my naivety(or bad memory) but I didn't see it as an ambush. I saw it as some questioning on an issue prevalent in the media, which Coons didn't want to talk about - and fair enough.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JH40 View Post
    The ones which nobody has seen publicly?
    You can't prove he doesn't have them. Can't prove that he wasn't visited by two of the players, as he claimed.
    neither can you prove that 100% of the players wanted him sacked.

Lets put Aker to rest anyway. I'm not a supporter of his. He was pretty rude the other night. But I don't just eat what the club dishes out at press conferences.

Enough. the end.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

How do you know that the text messages from other players
    weren't messages of good luck! The club made the right call and the only blunder they made was to bother appearing on that bogon feral love inn The Footy Show. Let the idiot hang himself IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Anyone watch the half time discussion with Johnno during the telecast tonight?

Played a straight bat, hardly surprising.

Super impressed with the Tom Harley comments.
    Yeah Tom Harley was impressive and Leigh Matthews in the little he says really does say it all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    You can't prove he doesn't have them. Can't prove that he wasn't visited by two of the players, as he claimed.
    neither can you prove that 100% of the players wanted him sacked.

Lets put Aker to rest anyway. I'm not a supporter of his. He was pretty rude the other night. But I don't just eat what the club dishes out at press conferences.

Enough. the end.
    I understand what you are saying, but if they were that damning, i think Aker would've made a bigger deal about the messages.

Anyway, i've had enough of the Aker talk as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    How do you know that the text messages from other players
    weren't messages of good luck! The club made the right call and the only blunder they made was to bother appearing on that bogon feral love inn The Footy Show. Let the idiot hang himself IMO
    Sam actually said on TFS that they were texts of condolence, which doesn't mean anything really.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JH40 View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but if they were that damning, i think Aker would've made a bigger deal about the messages.

Sam actually said on TFS that they were texts of condolence, which doesn't mean anything really.
    Well he made a pretty big deal about them on the idiot show.
    However, one of the players who he met with,
    according to him is out of contract at the end of the season and there is no
    way he can go public with their identity.

I highly suspect one is Jarrod Harbrow, who was reported in the H sun as a close friend.
    Dale Morris is also said to be one.
    But hey, you are right. If, in the meetings, they didn't have the kahoonas to stand up and back Aker then they obviously don't support him fully. What support they have provided is as good as nothing.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

If, in the meetings, they didn't have the kahoonas to stand up and back Aker then they obviously don't support him fully.
    I'm not sure this is a fair assessment of all personality types. Some simply aren't comfortable putting their hand up to speak up, particularly if their view is opposed by several 'important' figures within the group. Peer pressure isn't only present in the playground. Also, the preservation of one's future employment prospects can't be overstated - a young bloke isn't going to jeopardise his playing contract to speak publicly in support of one player (especially one as polarising as Aker) Matthew Lloyd said as much in today's Hun, noting that in his time at Windy Hill, in these sorts of meeting situations, 5 players would speak and 35 would say nothing.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I'm not sure this is a fair assessment of all personality types. Some simply aren't comfortable putting their hand up to speak up, particularly if their view is opposed by several 'important' figures within the group. Peer pressure isn't only present in the playground. Also, the preservation of one's future employment prospects can't be overstated - a young bloke isn't going to jeopardise his playing contract to speak publicly in support of one player (especially one as polarising as Aker) Matthew Lloyd said as much in today's Hun, noting that in his time at Windy Hill, in these sorts of meeting situations, 5 players would speak and 35 would say nothing.
    All this may be true, and maybe it's an imperfect system. And maybe it's hard on certain people, but Aker is the only player, in living memory, to be kicked out of 2 clubs.
    And I imagine he would be one of the most confident and outspoken people in this type of situation.
    He's hardly the nervous, shy fragile new recruit?
    It's just another attempt at deflecting the blame.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    All this may be true, and maybe it's an imperfect system. And maybe it's hard on certain people, but Aker is the only player, in living memory, to be kicked out of 2 clubs.
    And I imagine he would be one of the most confident and outspoken people in this type of situation.
    He's hardly the nervous, shy fragile new recruit?
    It's just another attempt at deflecting the blame.
    I agree with this - my point was more about the players who didn't put their hand up and speak in support of him. I was trying to give reasons why the system may not work, due to their reluctance, not Aker's.

Post Thanks / Like

I highly suspect one is Jarrod Harbrow, who was reported in the H sun as a close friend.
    Dont believe everything you read. Harbrow wouldnt have been texting Aker with any condolences. Especially not on wednesday.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Stand by my comment, I would welcome back Brown before Aker. Just wait when Akers book is published, might be during our finals campaign.