Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Johnno turned players against me: Akermanis

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Yes, but they rolled the dice and got it wrong on another level too - Aker's body wasn't up to it in 2010.
    Was his arse too big or too small this year?

Post Thanks / Like

My best guess is that there were some legal issues here. I assume that the club was following legal advice and wanted to prevent any legal action by Aker following his termination.

If correct, and given we don't know all the facts nor the legal advice, it is possible the club played all this in a way that satisfied legal requirements, not image/PR etc considerations.
    Spot on.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Was his arse too big or too small this year?
    Whichever made him lose his pace.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone watch the half time discussion with Johnno during the telecast tonight?

Played a straight bat, hardly surprising.

Super impressed with the Tom Harley comments.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post

For those of us tht missed them TCD, can we please have a quick run down ?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    For those of us tht missed them TCD, can we please have a quick run down ?
    Can't recall it exactly, but he said the club took a strong decision & should be commended for the manner in which they have handled themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, saw it... repeated the "everyone was unanimous" bit, and in response to a question, claimed that if Aker had been in good form, kicking goals etc, that the decision would have been the same.

I love Johnno, but I can't possibly fathom that in an entire organisation, every single person was united in their honest opinion. I just think of my own particular work environment (about 60-odd, all up) and I can't think of one issue we could say we were all 100 percent in agreement on (perhaps more holidays? ) I know from experience that when working under a contract, the opinion I gave outwardly is the "company" one, and not necesssarily completely accurate in terms of my actual opinion. I would never have expressed anything deviating from the company line, knowing the possible repercussions. I'm certain players would do the same thing. Nor can I accept that if his form had been good, that this wouldn't have all happened as it has. As I said, I love Johnno as much as anyone, but I didn't buy this.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Yep, saw it... repeated the "everyone was unanimous" bit, and in response to a question, claimed that if Aker had been in good form, kicking goals etc, that the decision would have been the same.

I love Johnno, but I can't possibly fathom that in an entire organisation, every single person was united in their honest opinion. I just think of my own particular work environment (about 60-odd, all up) and I can't think of one issue we could say we were all 100 percent in agreement on (perhaps more holidays? ) I know from experience that when working under a contract, the opinion I gave outwardly is the "company" one, and not necesssarily completely accurate in terms of my actual opinion. I would never have expressed anything deviating from the company line, knowing the possible repercussions. I'm certain players would do the same thing. Nor can I accept that if his form had been good, that this wouldn't have all happened as it has. As I said, I love Johnno as much as anyone, but I didn't buy this.
    Think you might have missed something - how well is Cooney regarded by the player group?

Post Thanks / Like

Think you might have missed something - how well is Cooney regarded by the player group?
    Cooney? I was talking about the entire playing group supposedly being 'unanimous' in their view. I'm certain that some of them simply voted with the masses, and toed the company line to preserve their future employment prospects.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I remember when I was in Highschool. There was this really rough kid who had a pretty bad track record. Anyway, some of the 'supposed' good kids framed him for something he didn't do to save their own skins. He knew nobody would believe him, and they didn't.

Jason has a bad record, but that makes it all the easier for the club to have their way and cast him in a certain light. There are holes in both sides' stories. Personally, I think the club got rid of him because of his form. It was an easy way to dispose of a slightly worn out and squeaky wheel. Leigh Mathews says as much and writes today ( the age ) that it was only a premiership (in 2003 ) that saved him from the axe while at Brisbane.

The club is '100%' unanimous line is BS and we know that as Aker has the text messages of support to prove it. As much as I like Jhonno, I imagine he is feeling the pressure of finals expectation too and his story does not quite stack up. Anyway, happy for someone to have Aker's spot.

Go Dogs!!!!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Dunno how, but I just got a Twitter thingy from Tom Harley. Says, "Brad Johnson is a star. Has shown amazing leadership throughout this saga filled week for the Dogs. The club is in great hands. Good signs".

Post Thanks / Like

Twitter thingy

Tweet
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post

Aker has the text messages of support to prove it. As much as I like Jhonno, I imagine he is feeling the pressure of finals expectation too and his story does not quite stack up. Anyway, happy for someone to have Aker's spot.

Go Dogs!!!!
    And we know this text message exists because Aka says so, and he has never lied.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Cooney? I was talking about the entire playing group supposedly being 'unanimous' in their view. I'm certain that some of them simply voted with the masses, and toed the company line to preserve their future employment prospects.
    My point is that even if you as a player supported Aker, when you saw Cooney ambushed on TFS then you would be behind getting rid of Aker. Unacceptable behaviour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    The club is '100%' unanimous line is BS and we know that as Aker has the text messages of support to prove it. As much as I like Jhonno, I imagine he is feeling the pressure of finals expectation too and his story does not quite stack up. Anyway, happy for someone to have Aker's spot.

Go Dogs!!!!
    The ones which nobody has seen publicly?