Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't care if I'm not liked: Jason Akermanis

Mark Robinson - Herald sun - 30 July

IN the world of Jason Akermanis, he believes he gave up more than any other Western Bulldog, that they asked him to give up more and more, until he said, "Guys, it's got to stop." And he was out the door.

MARK ROBINSON: I don't understand superstardom and I get the impression you don't understand normality. Is that fair comment?

JASON AKERMANIS: No. The fact you play football doesn't excuse you from following the law, making sure you do the right things, making sure you work hard, making sure the football, which you are hired to do, is what is judged - not words, not stuff in a newspaper, not what someone else says about me.

In the end, I couldn't give a stuff if I was liked. But if in my football career I'm not respected for what I did then I would have a problem.

Has life got to the stage where it's more than what you do on the field?

Good people, good leadership, means that you accept.

When I write a gay column the club says we accept gays, we accept everyone. But don't be a little different. Don't have a job in the media and don't talk about issues.

You can't do that because we don't accept that, but they'll accept gays.

But they don't accept Jason Akermanis?

Apparently not. Apparently my hair colour was too individual.

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I don't care if I'm not liked: Jason Akermanis

What a selfish little prick and what a pile of crap.

It's never your fault is it Jason
    Last edited by chef; 30-07-2010 at 08:20 AM.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Still doesn't get it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

There is also an extra bit in the paper that talks about the release date of the book.

After saying just last the week that his book was just notes and was know where near ready we find that it will be released shortly. The release date is likely to be September 17th which is preliminary finals weekend.

Robbo probed Aker on why he would release the book at this stage especially when his former club would in all likelihood be playing in a PF and the fallout from the books release could bring undue pressure on the team/ club. Aker replied that he had been sacked by this club so doesn't really care about the fallout and wanted to release the book when footy was still at the forefront of everyone's mind.

Aker is backing himself into a corner and is fast losing any remaining respect or credibility he had, but I doubt that a selfish, narcissistic oxygen thief like he is would care, and going by the title of the article he doesn't.
    Last edited by Mantis; 30-07-2010 at 10:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

A week ago i used to try and work out when he was bullsh*tting, now i try and work out which bits are actually true.

Also 'we are in this together, aren't we Boydy"

.....hanging up noise at other end of phone

Post Thanks / Like

"They haven't got the right to sit in a big group and say give up media. They said give up media and show us we can trust you.

They wanted me to give up my life, my livelihood, my future for my family, because they have a couple of problems with some words. "

"When you buy into a footy club, don't you buy into everything?

Just because you buy into a footy club, you don't have to sell your soul. No way.

I gave up the handstand for that group, I gave up $250,000 and then they wanted me to give up media. The last time I looked I had given up more than anyone in that group.

And then they ask me to give up more and more and more and I said, guys, it's got to stop."

Denial- not just a river in Egypt.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting how often he says such & such isn't qualified to comment. Never stopped Aker before.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

And now he's desperately trying to get some credibility by dumping Dale into his bile. Aker's selfishness would appear to have no boundaries extending now to how he treats his so called new best friend for life. I wonder what Dale makes of this latest article.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Interesting how often he says such & such isn't qualified to comment. Never stopped Aker before.
    Ahh I have been waiting for a comment/opinion, finally got one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    And now he's desperately trying to get some credibility by dumping Dale into his bile. Aker's selfishness would appear to have no boundaries extending now to how he treats his so called new best friend for life. I wonder what Dale makes of this latest article.
    I agree , yet not one player has said a word about him.
    Keep dobbing in your mates then say , Oh what did i do wrong to him, why didnt he come to me and tell me "

In all this I hope the players and Dale are not divided by these stories.
    Its putting Dale in a wierd position.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post

In all this I hope the players and Dale are not divided by these stories.
    Its putting Dale in a wierd position.
    It's putting Dale in a terrible position. I hope that Aker at least contacted Dale to let him know that he would be spoken about in this fashion because that would be the decent thing to do.

Something like - Look Dale, Robbo asked me these questions and I put your name down as a bit of a 'reference', is that ok? If it isn't I will ring Robbo and make him remove it.

Likely scenario?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    It's putting Dale in a terrible position. I hope that Aker at least contacted Dale to let him know that he would be spoken about in this fashion because that would be the decent thing to do.

Something like - Look Dale, Robbo asked me these questions and I put your name down as a bit of a 'reference', is that ok? If it isn't I will ring Robbo and make him remove it.

Likely scenario?
    Yeah, just like he would have said to the ex-teammate - "Look, I'm going on TFS and I'm going to tell the country that I've got a text message saying you're with me and that the only reason you haven't stood up is because you're out of contract. All good?".
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

"I mean, Leigh Matthews, talking about something that happened four years ago, goes out and says I'm a pain in the a---.

He hasn't spoken to me about this situation, doesn't know my side of things, but he's happy to go on record. These guys are not qualified to tell people what I am, who I am, what I do ... yet we listen to them."

But he is qualified to talk about Michael Voss' coaching and the Brisbane Lions although he hasn't been there for 5 years??! Wow he is digging himself deeper and deeper, quit while your not so far behind...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    They wanted me to give up my life, my livelihood, my future for my family, because they have a couple of problems with some words. "
    This bit keeps getting trotted out.

We didn't force you to take a pay cut, you were out of contract. We gave you another $200K by letting you extend your playing career by another year. We were under no obligation to offer you another $450K.

That extra $200K could have been offered to Jarrod Harbrow to extend his contract by another year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Time to find a new bestie!