Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I don't care if I'm not liked: Jason Akermanis

How does that song go? Nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, wave good bye!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get. Was nothing more than an ad for the book.

He will never understsnd what the underlying problem is, that is why he keeps repeating himself about not being a drug addict or a sex addict.

Just as I hoped, Aker has taken the bait and continued to erode his ever dimishing credibility. The Dogs have said nothing for 7 days now and have clearly moved on. It seems that Aker doesn't like being yesterday's news, fish and chip paper, so of course he enlists the help of his print media employer to buy some profile. Meh, this article will give him a 1-2 day leg-up in the media but he really is irrelevant news in the football world between now and the finals. Of course there will be a little spike when the book comes out - bring it on, by then his credibility will be completely shot to ribbons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    There is also an extra bit in the paper that talks about the release date of the book.

After saying just last the week that his book was just notes and was know where near ready we find that it will be released shortly. The release date is likely to be September 17th which is preliminary finals weekend.

Robbo probed Aker on why he would release the book at this stage especially when his former club would in all likelihood be playing in a PF and the fallout from the books release could bring undue pressure on the team/ club. Aker replied that he had been sacked by this club so doesn't really care about the fallout and wanted to release the book when footy was still at the forefront of everyone's mind.

Aker is backing himself into a corner and is fast losing any remaining respect or credibility he had, but I doubt that a selfish, narcissistic oxygen thief like he is would care, and going by the title of the article he doesn't.
    Not being in the publishing game, can't say for sure but I would think yiou can't have just some notes turned into a book in that amount of time, another lie. I always defended Aker in the past saying his only problem was he spoke the truth and a lot of what he has said in the past I agreed with. eg. it would be hard for a gay footballer to come out, which I'm sure it would. This time he has just told lie after lie, he has lost me. What a shame, if he had of toed the line he would have retired and a people would have had fond memories of him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    It's putting Dale in a terrible position. I hope that Aker at least contacted Dale to let him know that he would be spoken about in this fashion because that would be the decent thing to do.

Something like - Look Dale, Robbo asked me these questions and I put your name down as a bit of a 'reference', is that ok? If it isn't I will ring Robbo and make him remove it.

Likely scenario?
    Unlike Aker, Dale Morris has worked his way up through the club, and earnt the respect of team mates and coaches (and the fans, of course). He is a decent, honest man and I reckon he'd make a good friend to anybody, not just Aker. I'm sure the playing group would have Dale no other way, and thus they must accept it if he is truly a supporter for Aker. My opinion, I don't think they'd mind one single bit, as he hasn't uttered a word about it in public. Dale has a lot he could teach Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    That's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get. Was nothing more than an ad for the book.

He will never understsnd what the underlying problem is, that is why he keeps repeating himself about not being a drug addict or a sex addict.

Just as I hoped, Aker has taken the bait and continued to erode his ever dimishing credibility. The Dogs have said nothing for 7 days now and have clearly moved on. It seems that Aker doesn't like being yesterday's news, fish and chip paper, so of course he enlists the help of his print media employer to buy some profile. Meh, this article will give him a 1-2 day leg-up in the media but he really is irrelevant news in the football world between now and the finals. Of course there will be a little spike when the book comes out - bring it on, by then his credibility will be completely shot to ribbons.
    If the playing group responds to the book the way they responded to his sacking, and he wants to release it on Preliminary Final Day, I'll stand out the front of the MCG and sell copies myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't think the playing group will have a problem with Dale being a friend of Jason.

We are so focused now and I am dead sure nobody cares to even mention Aker now.

If I were him I would just forget it. Dragging over it won't help anything.
    I for one, don't think any less of Dale.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

Who will buy the book now ??? Media outlets I presume so that they can take contraversial quotes and smear them across our screens. It definitely wont be Brisbane or Bulldog supporters
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Wait until he starts coming out with dirty stories about journalists then he will lose that job too.
    Working as a team and not revealing your sources are 2 major things of being a journalist, both of these Aker cant do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Still doesn't get it.
    Was thinking this myself, have a nice life Aker.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Who will buy the book now ??? Media outlets I presume so that they can take contraversial quotes and smear them across our screens. It definitely wont be Brisbane or Bulldog supporters
    I will.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I might be a "Loud Mouth Shnook"
    But Forgive me, I have always been an "AKA" fan.
    However NO MORE
    Aka was a great player of the game, and at times a fantastic player for us, But for what he has said about some of our GREATEST SONS.
    I hope your media career lasts as long as your career with us