Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Match-winner Hall keeps it together

Jake Niall - T/A - 2 Aug

IN BARRY Hall, the Bulldogs recruited a Mercedes Benz for the cost of a 1977 Falcon. The Dogs were in the rare position of purchasing an outstanding footballer no one else wanted. Now, he's fashionable enough to be sought out by the prime minister at the end of a game.

But one of the reasons Hall was available at the Dimmey's end of the draft - the late third round - was he had lost the capacity to control his frustration, and his fists. His Swans teammates loved, but no longer trusted him. He acknowledged he couldn't guarantee that he wouldn't explode again.

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match-winner Hall keeps it together

I'm still pinching myself that we have such a good full forward, and he was practicly for free. I was worried that he was too old when we recruited him but he has been gold. Good onya Baz.

Post Thanks / Like

Was watching the replay - in the third quarter that grub Firrito bumped Barry after he took a mark. For a second it looked like Barry was going to have a go, but he quickly regained control, stepped back & kicked the goal. Well done Barry!!

Post Thanks / Like

How much do we love Barry? I freely admit I was doubtful about the wisdom of getting him but he has been fantastic, not just on the field. Talk about misunderstood Never been so happy to have been proved wrong!

Post Thanks / Like

Love the man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suz 32 View Post
    Was watching the replay - in the third quarter that grub Firrito bumped Barry after he took a mark. For a second it looked like Barry was going to have a go, but he quickly regained control, stepped back & kicked the goal. Well done Barry!!
    I like how he showed him the ball and gave it a twirl in his hands with a big smile on his face after taking that mark.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I admit freely that i was one of the nay-sayers when asked about Barry Hall coming to the Bulldogs.

Having been the highest scorig team last year, I didn't see the need to get a full forward ... I am so glad he is proving me wrong

As an aside ... when do they stop the count for the Coleman, is it at the end of round 22 or are the finals included ???
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post

As an aside ... when do they stop the count for the Coleman, is it at the end of round 22 or are the finals included ???
    End of H&A season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    End of round 22. Fair to all players then.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I like how he showed him the ball and gave it a twirl in his hands with a big smile on his face after taking that mark.
    I noticed that too and didn't i give that weak turd a spray he is my new most hated by far
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I have less and less respect for North every week, they reek of Brad Scott. Cheap little snipes to get a reaction out of the oppositions best players all the while your team is being humiliated by a top team yet again. The pathetic defensive game plan of a half ground defensive press is as ineffective as it is horrible to watch. No wonder they wouldn't have had 2000 fans there yesterday, I'd rather watch St Kilda play!!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I'm still pinching myself that we have such a good full forward, and he was practicly for free. I was worried that he was too old when we recruited him but he has been gold. Good onya Baz.
    Leaned over to me Dad during the game yesterday, and whispered "isn't it great to finally have a quality full forward."

We have been waiting a while, but gee it's worth the wait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strebla View Post
    I noticed that too and didn't i give that weak turd a spray he is my new most hated by far
    Stephen Milne is still around

Post Thanks / Like

It's not just his goal kicking ability. He is such a hard trainer. Broke the Bulldogs weight lift record within a week of being at the club, or so I read. Inspires everyone with his attitude. Defensive effort is magnificent. I love watching him play.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Stuff that ranga.... BAZZA FOR PM!!!! Have always been in favour of him coming to the Kennel, and he's delivered in spades! Kicks goals, runs, chases, tackles, gets teammates involved... love watching him go about his work. Admittedly, it's like being on tenterhooks sometimes, but he's doing tremendously well in terms of his discipline (Can't stand the way many in the media are constantly almost willing him to fail).

BAZZA!!!!
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]