Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match-winner Hall keeps it together

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Stuff that ranga.... BAZZA FOR PM!!!! Have always been in favour of him coming to the Kennel, and he's delivered in spades! Kicks goals, runs, chases, tackles, gets teammates involved... love watching him go about his work. Admittedly, it's like being on tenterhooks sometimes, but he's doing tremendously well in terms of his discipline (Can't stand the way many in the media are constantly almost willing him to fail).

BAZZA!!!!
    Who in the media wants him to fail? The only time he has looked like getting in trouble was with the headlock and 99% of them defended him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobmurphy View Post
    Who in the media wants him to fail? The only time he has looked like getting in trouble was with the headlock and 99% of them defended him.
    Commentators on Triple M all nearly jump out of their skin whenever any hint of controversy occurs. It seems (to my ears) that the prospect of Hall belting someone interests them greatly.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Bazza has been a fantastic fit for us.He was getting stiffled at Sydney with their slow, inaccurate and stop and start midfield. Yes we have a mercedes but a midfield which can deliver fast, accurately and efficiently to him, with the fwd tackling pressure now to hurt teams on the scoreboard.Its one of the recruits of the season. Eade has a good knack at picking up mature age recruits. But not only what they deliver on field, but what they can add and improve to players during training. I wonder how much defense skills the guys have picked up from Montgomery.Darcy last year praised Aker for how much the other players are picking up from his kicking.Young fwds Grant,Jones, Roughead and Cordy are going to learn a heap from him and the crumbers ho will know where to position themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Commentators on Triple M all nearly jump out of their skin whenever any hint of controversy occurs. It seems (to my ears) that the prospect of Hall belting someone interests them greatly.
    ah ok don't listen to MMM.

Post Thanks / Like

It does interest them greatly and it isn't just MMM. Channel 7 do the same thing all the time and you can tell the media want him to smack someone just because it will make their jobs easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    It's not just his goal kicking ability. He is such a hard trainer. Broke the Bulldogs weight lift record within a week of being at the club, or so I read. Inspires everyone with his attitude. Defensive effort is magnificent. I love watching him play.
    Saw him training in the boxing ring at the Elite Centre and it was scary
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    It does interest them greatly and it isn't just MMM. Channel 7 do the same thing all the time and you can tell the media want him to smack someone just because it will make their jobs easier.
    Yep good point...
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobmurphy View Post
    ah ok don't listen to MMM.
    Sometimes I like their entertaining calls, sometimes I just want to say "Shut the hell up!"

Post Thanks / Like

Barry's been great.

But our DEFENSE is what has gone up another level this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Jake Niall - T/A - 2 Aug

IN BARRY Hall, the Bulldogs recruited a Mercedes Benz for the cost of a 1977 Falcon. The Dogs were in the rare position of purchasing an outstanding footballer no one else wanted. Now, he's fashionable enough to be sought out by the prime minister at the end of a game.

But one of the reasons Hall was available at the Dimmey's end of the draft
    It's FORGES Jake!!!!!!!!!

Dimmeys is evil!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It's FORGES Jake!!!!!!!!!

Dimmeys is evil!
    Forges of Footscray has or will be closing another victim of the big chains i suppose.
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strebla View Post
    Forges of Footscray has or will be closing another victim of the big chains i suppose.
    Relocated to Ashley St where the RAAF base used to be all those years ago.