Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 19

Post Thanks / Like

Round 19

Kangaroos have to be a massive chance this week against Freo who's injury list lengthens by the week. No Ballantyne & Sandilands. C'mon Kangas, do us a favour.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 19

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Kangaroos have to be a massive chance this week against Freo who's injury list lengthens by the week. No Ballantyne & Sandilands. C'mon Kangas, do us a favour.
    It's the roughie of the round as far as I'm concerned. North would have to improve a fair bit though.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's the roughie of the round as far as I'm concerned. North would have to improve a fair bit though.
    North have a couple of handy in's in Wells and Grima, so hopefully they can get up - as much as I dislike North after this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    No longer a roughie - Kangas have shot to outright favourites with the bookies. According to a rep from one of the betting agencies who was on the radio tonight, most of the "smart" money was with North before today, but once Sandilands was ruled out, it has been an avalanche!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully the North army will get em' over the line!Still think with that zone style might get cut to shreds.Just out of interest what crowd will they get?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by remi moses View Post
    hopefully the north army will get em' over the line!still think with that zone style might get cut to shreds.just out of interest what crowd will they get?
    14-16,000 imo.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love Robert Walls don't
    You! Early in the season he was pumping up up his Blues for top 4. Now in true wallsy spirit he's basically said their pathetic and canned them!I suppose after tonight he'll be talking premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Hopefully the North army will get em' over the line!Still think with that zone style might get cut to shreds.Just out of interest what crowd will they get?
    Interesting note - I got an email from Mazda Australia during the week with the offer of 2 free tickets to the Kangas v Fremantle game on Saturday. I wonder how many Mazda owners received the same offer - they mustn't be expecting too many at the game (level 3 will not be opened for the game). It wouldn't surprise me if the paid attendance is less than 5000, with the freebies pushing the crowd to 10,000.

Carlton's big win tonight has made tomorrows game in Sydney very interesting, especially if Hawthorn lose - the "Joker" in the premiership race could be 8th and in danger of missing the finals.

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO North should go to Tassie permamently, there is no way they can build their supporter base in Melbourne, no way!

Post Thanks / Like

You! Early in the season he was pumping up up his Blues for top 4. Now in true wallsy spirit he's basically said their pathetic and canned them!I suppose after tonight he'll be talking premierships
    When he wrote the article they were top 4 and had beaten St.Kilda and Geelong so why shouldn't they have aimed for top 4?

Since then the wheels have fallen off and they are playing terrible.

Both articles were justified.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    IMHO North should go to Tassie permamently, there is no way they can build their supporter base in Melbourne, no way!
    It would benefit their cause no end, in fact any team that relocates there would do very well with community and government backing.

How many very good footballers have come from Tassie over the years.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    14-16,000 imo.
    The crowd versus us last week was pretty dissapointing, especially considering we had a similar size crowd the preveious week against Freo.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The crowd versus us last week was pretty dissapointing, especially considering we had a similar size crowd the preveious week against Freo.
    Yep, only an extra 2,000 more attending the Dogs v North game than the Dogs v Freo game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    It would benefit their cause no end, in fact any team that relocates there would do very well with community and government backing.

How many very good footballers have come from Tassie over the years.
    Hopefully another very good player will emerge, Liam Jones.

Jack Riewoldt also looking the goods.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing too different to alot of supporters in general really.