Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Virus rips through Bulldogs

Sounds like swine flu from the description. They should have used Relenza.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I am repeating this post from a previous one that I did.

I know what the Club is going through. 16 years ago I got Pleurisy, ever since, when I get the slightest sniffle of a cold, I end up with a severe case of bronchitis. I am Stuffed for at least 2 weeks.
    I couldn't wish a Bronchial infection on anyone, and being Viral why in the hell did the coaching staff let Murph into their box last weekend???????
    Silly mistake.
    He should have been sent straight home.
    Worst place to catch any viral infection, apart from a hospital, would have to be a plane.
    Therefore the whole group had come into contact on the trip over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minson27 View Post
    Seems this virus is going around melbourne atm, a few of the kids at work have had it..its been hanging around me for the last few weeks, and has finally hit me....i struggle to do my day to day things properly, i couldnt play a game of footy feeling like this....huge pat on the back to those boys who did last weekend, and a few will probably do the same this weekend....

Kiinda glad its hit them now, and not in a couples of weeks during finals time...
    We have been seeing a sharp rise in acute viral bronchitis this winter caused by RSV.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Sounds like swine flu from the description. They should have used Relenza.
    I seriously doubt it would be H1N1 (Swine strain) Influenza type A - there is a bit of it around but nowhere near last year's numbers thanks to the availability of the vaccine. I may be wrong but I would assume that all AFL players were given the Influenza vaccine - they would be stupid if they didn't.

The symptoms being described are the same as the symptoms being seen in patients who are testing positive to Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV). For most patients it only lasts a few days, but if it gets into the lungs it can last a few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

I got some info given to me this morning. Dr Zimmerman was asked early last week how he thought the Dogs would fare against the Cats.
    He replied "wont get within 10 goals". The question was asked why? He replied "9 of them are stuffed"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    We have been seeing a sharp rise in acute viral bronchitis this winter caused by RSV.

I seriously doubt it would be H1N1 (Swine strain) Influenza type A - there is a bit of it around but nowhere near last year's numbers thanks to the availability of the vaccine. I may be wrong but I would assume that all AFL players were given the Influenza vaccine - they would be stupid if they didn't.

The symptoms being described are the same as the symptoms being seen in patients who are testing positive to Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV). For most patients it only lasts a few days, but if it gets into the lungs it can last a few weeks.
    Yep, could be RSV but I wouldn't rule out swine flu because of vaccinations - the wrong strain was chosen in the first place and I've read many reports of people getting swine flu despite vaccination. Makes sense - it has mutated. It's got very nasty in India at the moment.

It has been very quiet here while it has shot up in New Zealand. May actually be good for us if it is swine flu (a lot of our players would have had it then) and if it does take off here in a late burst in the next few weeks for the finals.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.