Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Aker slams 'selfish' Brad Johnson

Will Brodie
    August 16, 2010 - 1:19PM
    The Age

Sacked Bulldog Jason Akermanis has labelled his former captain Brad Johnson "selfish" after the veteran struggled to make an impact in his team's massive loss to Geelong.

Akermanis, who parted way with the Bulldogs last month, used his regular slot on MTR radio to slam the much-loved 360-game forward.

"Don't tell me it's not being selfish when this guy keeps going out there when he's costing his team because he clearly can't do anything on defence, he's got nine touches again as a forward in a side that was whooped, that's not so bad, but he's not making five and six tackles.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...816-125vs.html

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aker slams 'selfish' Brad Johnson

I thought Aker had gone quite, here he goes again making a fool of himself
    While Brad did not have a good game against Geelong, who did ? I thought his form the previous weeks was not bad and getting better. Aker said Johnno is selfish, talk about double standards. What did Aker gives us in the games he did play this year, bugger all. As Shane Crawford said about Kennett, SHUT UP AKER !

Post Thanks / Like

pot kettle black

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't believe there were people ringing SEN this morning saying they'd rather have Aker in the side than Johnno!

Did any of them actually see Aker play this year??

Picken Knows Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    About as well as Johnno

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Picken Knows View Post
    About as well as Johnno
    Not disputing that but at least Johnno offers some extra benefits. All Aker offered was trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

"He was done the middle of last year I knew it, most of the blokes knew it."

------

Johnno was a great contibutor in the PF last year, Aker was a liability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Couldn't believe there were people ringing SEN this morning saying they'd rather have Aker in the side than Johnno!

Heard a muppet ring up just to bag out Johnno saying how he was past it and it was a disgrace he was named as captain this year etc - uneducated rubbish, nearly got on and backed Johnno up but didn't want to lower myself to his level.

As for Aker - its what we've come to expect from him. Little sook who can't get over the fact he stuffed up. If you get praised by a forward by the name of Wayne Carey (@ Johnnos Testimonial Lunch) you musn't be too bad. Wonder if Aker thinks hes selfish too?

Post Thanks / Like

Johnno WILL be remembered as one of the GREATS. Aker will be remembered as a bloke who couldnt keep his mouth shut and lost his job twice over it. AKER SHUT THE HELL UP YOU TOSS POT!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    "He was done the middle of last year I knew it, most of the blokes knew it."

------

Johnno was a great contibutor in the PF last year, Aker was a liability.
    I think Johno was top 10 in the B & F.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JH40 View Post
    I think Johno was top 10 in the B & F.
    4th to be exact.

Post Thanks / Like

So it wasnt selfish when Aker even came out and admitted he was playing injured the first 7 or 8 weeks or so, what a joke!

Post Thanks / Like

Sour grapes for mine but there was one key stat that stuck out, apparently in 11 games this year Johnno has laid 10 tackles, say what you like but that's simply not up to scratch and must be improved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Sour grapes for mine but there was one key stat that stuck out, apparently in 11 games this year Johnno has laid 10 tackles, say what you like but that's simply not up to scratch and must be improved.
    I agree, I love Johnno and I will defend him till the cows come home, but thats just not good enough. I know that everyone was poor on Saturday night but Johnno did look rather slow. We have all seen what a champ he is and I think he will show us something special come finals (I hope).

And for Acker, where were these comments when we smacked freo, carlton, and kangas. Oh now he's too old cos we got touched up by a very good side. You are a fickle bitter twisted old man. It's no wonder all the players hate you. Leigh Matthews was spot on when he said that when you give nothing on the field, they get you out of the joint. Pain in the ass.

Post Thanks / Like

I am very surprised anyone heard our ex no 21 say this after seeing the latest radio ratings.