Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs won't dump young gun Jarrod Harbrow if he follows Nathan Bock to GC

Mark Stevens - Herald Sun - 17 August 10:09pm

Bulldogs defender Jarrod Harbrow is a target for Gold Coast Suns. Source: Herald Sun

JARROD Harbrow is on track to return to the Western Bulldogs line-up on Saturday, but it appears his days at the club are numbered.

All talks between Harbrow's management and the Dogs are off until the end of the club's finals campaign and the explosive defender seems destined to join Nathan Bock at Gold Coast Suns.

Although the Bulldogs are hopeful and supportive, they will struggle to get close to an offer from the cashed-up Suns.

"We are happy to negotiate with him at the end of the year," Bulldogs football manager James Fantasia said last night.

If Bock can command $1.9 million over three years at the Suns, Harbrow's offer would at least be in the same ball park.

Adelaide, which does not have the salary-cap constraints of the Dogs, said yesterday it could not go close to competing with Gold Coast.

Link to full article: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1225906552726

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs won't dump young gun Jarrod Harbrow if he follows Nathan Bock to

Everyday i pray that he stays, but it is very unlikely i think.

Glad to see that the club are sticking with him, he is very important for our finals push & i would hate to see our season take a hit because of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs won't dump young gun Jarrod Harbrow if he follows Nathan Bock to

Sure. He is one of my favorites.What would be the point in playing the sour grapes card a la crows?
    Seems a bit petty. Good luck to him whichever way he goes.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Sure. He is one of my favorites.What would be the point in playing the sour grapes card a la crows?
    Yup, probably the attitude to take. Shame he looks like going, but he's worked his butt off to become as good as he is, and I for one wont blame him for taking their great offer. Gutted about it, but that's the way it is sometimes.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Well considering there are only 2 games left and the Crows aren't going to make the finals then I really don't have an issue with what they are doing. Why not concentrate on players who will be there next year? If the Dogs were out of the running I would have no problem doing the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Well considering there are only 2 games left and the Crows aren't going to make the finals then I really don't have an issue with what they are doing. Why not concentrate on players who will be there next year? If the Dogs were out of the running I would have no problem doing the same thing.
    Same. It would be pointless in giving games to Bock when you have an ideal replacement like Davis waiting in the wings.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Fair points!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly, I do think this is a done deal........I am gutted to, but hey, that's footy sometimes! We just need another young gun to step up to the plate! I too, don't think the Crows did the wrong thing - I would expect the Dogs to do similar to give another player a chance for the last couple of games.

Post Thanks / Like

Crows are planning for next year, he wont be there next year so why play him? Why let him see any new plans / set plays so he can use it against them next year?

We are different. We are still battling for this year. Harbrow is ours this year, it would be a waste not to use him.

From Melbourne, to London and now Perth WA
    Post Thanks / Like

If he goes - maybe it'll save Callan for another year or help Addison come along... There will be a silver lining of some sorts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Sanchez View Post
    If he goes - maybe it'll save Callan for another year or help Addison come along... There will be a silver lining of some sorts.
    Gee I hope there's a little more silver to be found than that, and I think that silver will be found with Easton Wood becoming a permanent and very important part of our defensive structure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Gee I hope there's a little more silver to be found than that, and I think that silver will be found with Easton Wood becoming a permanent and very important part of our defensive structure.
    Plus the two first round picks we're most likely entitles to that can be used in a couple of years.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Plus the two first round picks we're most likely entitles to that can be used in a couple of years.
    Has the compensation been confirmed? As Craig was going on about pick 26 and 30 something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nawrocki View Post
    Crows are planning for next year, he wont be there next year so why play him? Why let him see any new plans / set plays so he can use it against them next year?

We are different. We are still battling for this year. Harbrow is ours this year, it would be a waste not to use him.
    Exactly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nawrocki View Post

Spot on, why on earth would be weaken our side and jeopardise our chances of wining a Premiership just for being stubborn!

if you know a player is going, you get the most out of him, and look to try & use the situation to your team & clubs advantage.

Wallowing in self pity is for fools.