Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Round 21 Team

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 21 Team

You can only assume they have to get a game into Hahn before the finals incase he is needed. He's probably too slow to play against the Bombers next week so it has to be this week.

Hopefully they bring Dre in for Lake and then it will all kinda make sense. Kinda.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's a send off match for Hahn/Eagleton?
    It's the only logical explanation I can come up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wonnydog View Post
    Maybe it's a send off match for Hahn/Eagleton?
    It's the only logical explanation I can come up.
    In Sydney? Not sure why so many are surprised, very much the MO of the MC.

Hanging out for James Cuming's review of our team selection.

Post Thanks / Like

Got to agree with the consensus that it's not a totally inspiring set of selections this week.

Like others, very surprised to see Everitt out, especially with only one ruck playing. I'd be very surprised if Everitt doesn't demand a trade (perhaps he has) at seasons end. I'm a bit miffed at the way the MC have dealt with him this year.

I guess Hahn and Eagle (and to a lesser extent Moles & Ward IMO) have a few weeks to state their claims on finals spots.
    Last edited by Go_Dogs; 19-08-2010 at 11:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Yep, I know I don't have to sell Eagle is crap to you! Ridiculous how much you get hounded for it at times, I just truly don't get how anyone thinks he will do anything other than fail in the finals.
    Thing with Eagle is that in the past he had three strengths

1 - Kicking power and accuracy
    2 - Speed
    3 - Endurance

He only has endurance now, and with the game speeding up he is a liability when you combine this with this inability to handle close checking intense (ie finals) football.

Can't work out the inclusion of Hahn unless Hall isn't playing...Hahn's lack of speed will compound our fwd line problems, am starting to lean to Picken or DFA playing as a defensive fwd, and re-educate Boyd that he is not that talented and that he needs to play a lockdown tagging role.

Interesting times ahead of us, but picking Slow Poke Rodrigues is scary.

Would have thought if they were serious abouting playing only Hudson, they would have retained Everitt as some tall support, perhaps Hahn is this....but we do remember Leigh Brown, I say again Leigh Brown, looking unstoppable on Hahn last time we played Collingwood...oh well

Post Thanks / Like

So if Everitt was to stay in where would he play?

Couldn't play in attack even without Hahn there.

Is there a suitable match up in defence?

Could he play on a wing? Probably not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    So if Everitt was to stay in where would he play?

Couldn't play in attack even without Hahn there.

Is there a suitable match up in defence?

Could he play on a wing? Probably not.
    I want to preface this with, I'm not against Hahn coming in, if he can stand up. His form in the pre-season comp (yes, I know) was very good. He hasn't had a lot of good moments since then, but if he can recapture that form and intensity, he's one of the first picked come September.

On Everitt, he went OK in defence last week, did he not?

I agree that with Hall, Hahn, Jones, Grant and Johnson up forwards doesn't really leave much space for him there.

But what about doing something crazy, and playing him on Goodes? Give him a mission and some responsibility. But I guess in the MC's eyes that's too big a risk.

It IS a tough one though...we need run so Eagle stays etc, and I guess Hahn is really taking the equivalent position of one of the rucks who've gone out and Everitt is being ousted by Grant.

I can see why, but after him playing well he needs to be rewarded like others have with good form, namely Grant, Jones, Roughead, Wood etc who have all stayed when playing well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post

But what about doing something crazy, and playing him on Goodes? Give him a mission and some responsibility.
    You are right, Goodes would run laps around Mitch, too much speed, too much tank.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    This.

I've lost complete faith in the MC. The fact that Eagleton, Hahn and Ward (injured, not fit - whatever) play ahead of Everitt is pathetic. Andrejs was one of few players who did OK against Geelong.

Williams being played as a part time ruck? He's done well in this role, but as GVG said, I don't like the 'planning' of it. Massive injury risk.
    I missed this! Never been overly critical of The Eagle in the past, but there is now way in hell that he deserved to keep his spot after last week's game......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post

On Everitt, he went OK in defence last week, did he not?
    Goodes - no way.

Who else could he go to? Remembering that he played mainly on a first gamer last week.

Post Thanks / Like

This selection for R21 reeks of best 22, not form 22, and i get the feeling that eade and the MC will be playing the best 22 card come 1st week of finals.

The MC ruined Hill by trying to turn him into a marking fwd, and now with Everitt not getting anywhere the chances of some, it looks like that he will find his niche at another club.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Could it be possible that the MC are resting these players for bigger things later on. The MC may have got wind of what Freo was doing and decided to take the risk.

Who knows what goes on in the inner sanctum.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Should we wait for the team to run out on the field before we start bagging out the MC for dropping Everitt, Roughead etc etc?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    This selection for R21 reeks of best 22, not form 22, and i get the feeling that eade and the MC will be playing the best 22 card come 1st week of finals.

The MC ruined Hill by trying to turn him into a marking fwd, and now with Everitt not getting anywhere the chances of some, it looks like that he will find his niche at another club.
    When was this best 22 decided, at the start of the year or this week?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Goodes - no way.

Who else could he go to? Remembering that he played mainly on a first gamer last week.
    I don't see the issue in playing him on Goodes......if anything setting him a task....an easily measurable task like break even at least on a guy like Goodes will probably bring the best out of him.

In regards "Who else could he go to?" I think the problem with that kind of thinking is that it takes away from him any incentive to actually play well to retain his spot in the team if he's going to be dropped for match up reasons......

Fact is if you listed the 22 that went out last week down a page and rated them from best to worst Everitt would be a heck of a lot closer to the number 1 position on the list than a number of other guys who have retained their spots...ie Eagleton. I don't for one moment profess to know the inner workings of our footy club, I don't know whether Everitt was set a task last week and failed to deliver on that task. What I do know though is that dropping a guy who played well purely for match up reasons is cr*p and does absolutely nothing to incentivise performance.