Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Round 21 Team

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 21 Team

Cant see Everitt there next year!! Will want out i reakon after getting dropped again!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    At least Jones kept his spot. He'd done nothing wrong in the 3 weeks proceeding.
    But with Hahn coming back where is Jones going to play? Our forwardline looks top heavy with Hall, Johnno, Jones, Hahn and Grant in the team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    But with Hahn coming back where is Jones going to play? Our forwardline looks top heavy with Hall, Johnno, Jones, Hahn and Grant in the team.
    Hahn to play defensive role, which he was doing before he was injured..

Post Thanks / Like

Eade isn't the only one on the MC who is hard on Everitt. They still don't know where to play him and don't believe his strengths outweigh his negatives.

Eagleton's game was pathetic last week and for him to receive another game shows just how predictable we are.
    That's why I said 'Eade and the MC aren't helping' but point noted.

I agree that Dre doesn't fit into a role naturally well but I have liked his work off HF, rate him a lot more than Hahn. What do they expect from him when they are so quick to drop him?

If the team's depth was strong I would agree with dropping Dre but it's less about him and more about guys like Eagle, Hahn, Moles and Ward playing. Eagle in particular is a joke.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    Hahn to play defensive role, which he was doing before he was injured..
    I can't see Jones surviving until the finals. Eade is more pro oldies and anti youngens than Today Tonight and ACA combined.

Post Thanks / Like

Hahn really shouldn't be there. Having that many players who can only play forward is a risk - thankfully, the SCG is tiny and can paper over our lack of run which I'm sure influenced the decision of the MC.

It seems they've hedged their bets this week in trying to pick a team that will beat Sydney whilst trialling a few things with the first final in mind. It'll be interesting to see if it works.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    That's why I said 'Eade and the MC aren't helping' but point noted.

I agree that Dre doesn't fit into a role naturally well but I have liked his work off HF, rate him a lot more than Hahn. What do they expect from him when they are so quick to drop him?

If the team's depth was strong I would agree with dropping Dre but it's less about him and more about guys like Eagle, Hahn, Moles and Ward playing. Eagle in particular is a joke.
    Preaching to the converted here.

Eagleton was great against Adelaide as he was able to play a free running
    role and did well.

He was down right horrible last week, probably as expected, and should not have been given another chance.

Not happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Hahn really shouldn't be there. Having that many players who can only play forward is a risk - thankfully, the SCG is tiny and can paper over our lack of run which I'm sure influenced the decision of the MC.

It seems they've hedged their bets this week in trying to pick a team that will beat Sydney whilst trialling a few things with the first final in mind. It'll be interesting to see if it works.
    Good points raised there comrade.

Hahn is a shocking selection. As bad as Eagle is, at least he can cover a lot of ground/offer us legs. Hahn and Johnno vs Maxwell, O'Brien and Shaw is downright terrifying.

I believe Eade is a very good coach overall but he seems to be really struggling with the modern game's forward line needs. I guess to be fair it's not like his cattle helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Preaching to the converted here.

Eagleton was great against Adelaide as he was able to play a free running
    role and did well.

He was down right horrible last week, probably as expected, and should not have been given another chance.

Not happy.
    Yep, I know I don't have to sell Eagle is crap to you! Ridiculous how much you get hounded for it at times, I just truly don't get how anyone thinks he will do anything other than fail in the finals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Yep, I know I don't have to sell Eagle is crap to you! Ridiculous how much you get hounded for it at times, I just truly don't get how anyone thinks he will do anything other than fail in the finals.
    What's more annoying is that Eagleton and Hahn will probably play well enough to hold their spots this week. In these kind of games, they always do.

Then when the real test comes around, they'll be blown out of the water.

I just hope the coaching staff is held accountable for the inevitable failures.

Post Thanks / Like

Who is on the MC?

Post Thanks / Like

Thrilled.
    Wonderfull positive steps for the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobmurphy View Post
    Who is on the MC?
    Eade, Leon Cameron, Peter Dean & Paul Williams.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying hard to figure the sense in the MC's dropping of Dre.

Lake has an apparent injury cloud over him that we may need defensive cover for - hello Andrejs. Minson and Roughead both dropped and Hudson back from an apparent illness who will need the odd chop out - hello Andrejs. The MC continue to persevere with underdone / injured players such as with Johnson and Ward this week rather than players up and going - hello Andrejs. The MC keep falling for flat trackers in Eagleton and Hahn who we can rely upon to get carved up by the top four teams defensive runners rather than take some faith in the future stars - hello Andrejs. I realise Andrejs has flaws but we can see him working on them i.e his lack of intensity. In recent weeks, having been given half decent game time, his confidence and intensity has lifted. He must get a gig over at least 3 of those mentioned above. This is downright nonsensical and I fear a mutiny is in order.

It's times like this I require the prose of a James Cuming's. This MC is just bloody crap
    Last edited by Doc26; 19-08-2010 at 09:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Eade, Leon Cameron, Peter Dean & Paul Williams.
    Thanks Mantis.