Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 22 - WOOF Selection Table

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I know that there's a number of players that could (or should) be dropped for this week and/or the finals, but Moles is very high up on my list. He adds nothing. Big body and occasionally looks great picking the ball up off the deck and hitting a target, but that's the key word; occasionally.
    I too am not sold on Moles yet. But do we have a choice?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I too am not sold on Moles yet. But do we have a choice?
    Exactly.

becmatty Guest

Yep TBB, I agree that there are a number of players on the cusp of demotion.

It is a hard call, because wholesale changes at this stage would signify that we are playing in hope, rather than to a plan.

Injuries may have saved a few players and these players know who they are:

Moles: I agree, is the most likely to be sent back to Williamstown. Goes missing, gets caught easily and doesn't kick enough goals. Is a frustrating player.

Ward: I am a fan, but he just seems incapable of getting out of second gear. Much like Higgins, everyone associated with the club is waiting for him to do what we know he can do. Unfortunately, time is running out and he is becomming a liability. I hope he can turn it on (and fast) as he is a massive asset when firing.

Hahn: Seems to be down on confidence (all year). Perhaps now that he is no longer the big body on the forward line, his role has changed marginally and it has had an impact. Add his collision with Bazza at the start of the year and I think Mitch's head is not quite in the right spot. Again, he is capable and adds another dimension to our foward line when he is taking pack marks and charging through people. His record against the Bombers is outstanding, so lets hope he uses this match as a springboard, as we need him to do this in September.

Eagleton: Up and down. Much like many of his teammates, the bald one struggles with consistency and this will not change. He will be more likely to get in space against Essendon, but where to from there?

Jones: Has impressed and will be a force in years to come, but is still raw and not the answer in September. Do we retain him this week?

Unfortunately with three forced changes (and possibly four if Hall's corkie doesn't stop bleeding) this week it means that these out of sorts players are likely to stay, as we have a thin layer of available replacements...

Post Thanks / Like

Tim Callan could find himself in the team again, come finals time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BomberBlitzCast View Post
    Anyone want to do a quick interview for the BomberBlitz.com Podcast tonight about the upcoming game this weekend?

All you need is Skype and a brain. Show starts at 8.30pm but I'd love to record it before then! PM me, thanks!
    In - Anyone

Out- Knights

Post Thanks / Like

In- Addison,Everitt,Minson
    Out-Johnno,Dale,Cooney

Lucky Moles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by becmatty View Post
    Jones: Has impressed and will be a force in years to come, but is still raw and not the answer in September. Do we retain him this week?
    Disagree completely. He provides fantastic defensive pressure, something we've lacked all year. He demands a tall and generally runs away from Hall's space, splitting the opposition defensive talls. He is quick and doesn't just provide the odd tackle, he genuinely wants to tackle.

He may not be in the best 22 players at the club right now, but he's certainly in the best 22 because of what he offers us structurally and defensively in the F50.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

becmatty Guest

What is the fitness status of Lake and Hall?...Any chance of Higgins coming through as a late inclusion?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by becmatty View Post
    What is the fitness status of Lake and Hall?...Any chance of Higgins coming through as a late inclusion?
    Quite possibly I would have thought. As bornadog alluded to in another thread, why play him at Williamstown when he could get a bit of match fitness up in this dead rubber.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!