Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aker blasts Eade's 'double standard' on Cooney injury

Aker has failed to do his homework on this as stated the club lodged an official complaint ! I just love it how Aker is "entitled to his opinion " yet it doesn't seem to concern him or his lessoning cheer squad whether he's right or wrong!I know radio titanic needs some ratings but can the potty mouth twerp get his facts right.

Btw I'm just looking for Western Bulldogs/Footscray in the death notices. Honestly the media negativity is in overdrive

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We did put in an official compliant to Dome management, so Aker is off the mark here.
    Yes, I was agreeing with Flamethrowers post & link that we had put in a complaint. I also meant that the AFL didn't seem to do much until Judd got injured. Sorry, the written word can be so confusing!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    You should know that by now comrade.

Andrew made his mind up long ago that Aker was the poor victim in all of this. Nothing will change his mind.
    Thanks, but I don't need anyone to speak on my behalf. I'm sorry for having a different opinion. I'll try to make sure I don't disagree with the general population again.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Aker=Dribbler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Thanks, but I don't need anyone to speak on my behalf. I'm sorry for having a different opinion. I'll try to make sure I don't disagree with the general population again.
    You really are quite petulant at times. Its all good & well to have an opinion, but surely even you should be able to concede Aker is off the mark here.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    You really are quite petulant at times. Its all good & well to have an opinion, but surely even you should be able to concede Aker is off the mark here.
    Aker spoke about Eade's reaction to the Higgins injury. At the time, Eade was rather diplomatic in not pointing the finger (unlike Aker, who willingly points it). Yes, The Club put complaints in, but Rocket himself was very non-committal.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1225877218476

After Cooney's injury, he came out and directly blamed the SCG surface. That is what I believe Aker is referring to with his "double standard" line. A bit like his own double standard in calling Johnno selfish for playing hurt after admitting he'd done the same thing early in the year. Anyway, main point wasn't Aker's honesty - it was that if someone else had made the same comments, the reaction would be very different.

Maybe I'll just lurk from hereon, unless I'm certain my views are in agreeance with others.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I'll just lurk from hereon, unless I'm certain my views are in agreeance with others.
    It's stuff like that that's not really needed Andrew. A very Aker like comment on your behalf.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Aker=Dribbler
    Aker=Twat

Post Thanks / Like

After Cooney's injury, he came out and directly blamed the SCG surface.
    We've just lost our best player two weeks out from finals - do you blame him for being a touch more forthright?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    We've just lost our best player two weeks out from finals - do you blame him for being a touch more forthright?
    Especially after nothing was done last time he complained.

Post Thanks / Like

Aker spoke about Eade's reaction to the Higgins injury. At the time, Eade was rather diplomatic in not pointing the finger (unlike Aker, who willingly points it). Yes, The Club put complaints in, but Rocket himself was very non-committal.

After Cooney's injury, he came out and directly blamed the SCG surface. That is what I believe Aker is referring to with his "double standard" line. A bit like his own double standard in calling Johnno selfish for playing hurt after admitting he'd done the same thing early in the year. Anyway, main point wasn't Aker's honesty - it was that if someone else had made the same comments, the reaction would be very different.

Say what you feel Andrew. I may not always agree, however I am still interested in what you have to say.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suz 32 View Post
    Especially after nothing was done last time he complained.
    Oh I thought Ian Collins' response was perfectly reasonable - we should be thankful the turf shifts around like it does, or Shaun might've broken his ankle.

I could dedicate an expletive laden diatribe to that sub-human prick, but this site's above it.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Nobody else made those comments, what does that tell you?

I just looked at it as though the club & Eade were frustrated, having seen another player go down. They thought that it was another surface issue & this time felt the need to publicly point it out, nothing more.