Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

WCE Prepared To Trade Pick 4

Interesting to see that John Worsfold has said 'Make us an offer' for pick 4.

Gold Coast have the first 3 picks in the draft, so this represents the next pick.

Would you be interested in seeing the Bulldogs make Woosha an offer & if so, what should we offer to realistically complete a deal?

Please don't suggest Josh Hill/Dylan Addison/Brennan Stack etc... as they're just not going to be able to get the deal done. It has to be quality.

Personally I don't think we would be prepared to part what may be required to tempt the Eagles, so I think I'd leave alone.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WCE Prepared To Trade Pick 4

acka and eagle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    acka and eagle.
    I said pick 4, not pick 4 million & 4!

Post Thanks / Like

We don't have anyone for a straight swap(it would only be someone going back to WA you would think), but if Griffen wanted to go home and we were involve in a three way with one of the SA clubs it could happen(but hopefully it doesn't).
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Hill would have to be involved but if they happy to depart with pick 4 I assume they will be ok to depart with their 2nd round pick which I would be happy with for Hill.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd offer Daniel Cross and Josh Hill, not sure Cross is what they're in need of however.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Hargrave? From WA originally, in the AA squad of 40 last year, Wood & Murphy in defense now could cover
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I'd offer Daniel Cross
    Haha. You almost fooled me for a second there.

(I hope for your sake your joking)

With our strong position in the upcoming draft there is no need to trade for more inexperience, that pick is pretty tasty but we can't realistically win with any trades for it.

Post Thanks / Like

a bit early to start talking who we want to ship off I would have thought. Can we wait until the season is finished?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    a bit early to start talking who we want to ship off I would have thought. Can we wait until the season is finished?
    I agree.
    From a strategy perspective I would like to get a first round pick but we simply don't have the pieces to trade for pick 4.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

How would it work with regards to Mitch Wallis and Tom Liberatore. We have all but committed to them, and with the way the father/son bidding process works now, wouldn't we be forced to use pick 4 to draft one of them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    How would it work with regards to Mitch Wallis and Tom Liberatore. We have all but committed to them, and with the way the father/son bidding process works now, wouldn't we be forced to use pick 4 to draft one of them?
    The bidding for the father son selections is always the natural draft picks not anything that you acquire along the way. The timing of committing to the father son selections makes it impossible anyway.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    There was an article in the media yesterday about WCE being prepared to trade for pick 4, so to me it seemed like the right time to discuss in respect to that particular article.

Are we really that precious that we can't contemplate future potential player trades?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post
    Hargrave? From WA originally, in the AA squad of 40 last year, Wood & Murphy in defense now could cover
    Hargarve? Wouldn't be worth more than a 3rd rounder on the open market.
    If he was at WCE, would you trade pick 4 for him?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by St 07 View Post
    Haha. You almost fooled me for a second there.

(I hope for your sake your joking)

With our strong position in the upcoming draft there is no need to trade for more inexperience, that pick is pretty tasty but we can't realistically win with any trades for it.
    No I wasn't, I think Cross is the sort of player who when their form starts to drop away it will happen very quickly. We're inundated with in and under types and with Reid and Liberatore available next year our lack of genuinely quick players will be critically short, especially if as expected Harbrow goes too.

We need to make a call to get some young players with pace and kicking skills.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships