Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs players, officials order probe on sacked star Jason Akermanis

This could get ugly....

Western Bulldogs players, officials order probe on sacked star Jason Akermanis
    The HS | Mike Sheahan, Michael Warner and Jon Ralph | Herald Sun August 25, 2010

WESTERN Bulldogs players and officials have sought legal advice about possible defamatory action against sacked star Jason Akermanis.

High-profile solicitor and former Footscray president Peter Gordon confirmed the move on Wednesday night.

"I've been asked by a number of people connected with Western Bulldogs, including some quite senior people, to advise them on possible rights they may have over defamatory comments," he said.

Gordon, principal of Gordon Legal, would not name the source of those comments.

All he would add was that he was representing individuals and not acting for the club.

Gordon is understood to be in possessions of transcripts, tapes and reports of alleged conversations at various times and places in recent weeks.

But any possible action will be delayed until the Bulldogs complete their finals campaign

Click HERE to read the remainder of the article...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs players, officials order probe on sacked star Jason Akermanis

Will Aka's book be released???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs players, officials order probe on sacked star Jason Akermanis

Quote Originally Posted by Shnookie View Post
    Will Aka's book be released???
    It probably will be because the article states (if true) no action will take place till our finals campaign is done and dusted. The book is slated for release Preliminary final time.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope Akers got a good lawyer, this, and the accusing 3 players of drugs and gay footballers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Hope Akers got a good lawyer, this, and the accusing 3 players of drugs and gay footballers.
    better get a lawyer son
    you're gonna need a real good one

Post Thanks / Like

This is the best publicity Aker could get. Now everyone will want to know what he has said about his former teammates.

Post Thanks / Like

I like this bit.

'A member of the Johnson camp said last night: "He will have to be incredibly careful. He can have opinions, but as soon as he starts alleging different versions of events, he would want to have a big bank."

Johnson's book titled Johnno: Bulldog Through and Through is due out this year, but he refused to add a final chapter covering the Akermanis saga.

He is believed to have told his publishers Penguin he was determined not to waste another word on Akermanis.'

If you are going to make up shit as fact I hope they take you for everything you have Wankermanis.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Gordon Legal?

What happened to Slater and Gordon?

Post Thanks / Like

way to keep your eyes on the prize Dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it just plays into his hands, more free publicity for his muck-racking publication! Did anyone else see some of the comments people have left on about the article? I am amazed of the public's perception of this guy.......that he is the one hard done by! Why would this situation occur at 2 clubs - not just ours? I would love to see Collingwood supporters reaction had he been at their club and done the same thing! Let's see moderation and objectivity then!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    way to keep your eyes on the prize Dogs.
    I had similar thoughts.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I had similar thoughts.
    Deet-o.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I: Bulldog Through and Through is due out this year, .

awesome!

Will buy and read that one for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post
    Gordon Legal?

What happened to Slater and Gordon?
    It's the new law firm of Peter Gordon.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    It's the new law firm of Peter Gordon.
    Er, yes. I think the question was what happened to the old one?