Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Shaun Higgins set for Magpies

Sam Landsberger - Herald Sun - 26 August

WESTERN Bulldog Shaun Higgins has escaped his club's cramped medical room and is set to return against Collingwood in next week's qualifying final.

Higgins, who has battled a thyroid illness and a strained calf for two weeks, will play for VFL affiliate Williamstown in its final against Port Melbourne tomorrow.

The 22-year-old has been named at half- forward and is also listed as the Bulldogs first emergency for their match against Essendon tomorrow night.

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shaun Higgins set for Magpies

We are playing a dead rubber on Saturday, why would you play him at Willi?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I agree. Play the side we will have in finals
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Heard a whisper tonight Didak's shoulder injury might be more serious than they're letting on!
    Presti would have to be in doubt with a blod clot on his thigh.

becmatty Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Heard a whisper tonight Didak's shoulder injury might be more serious than they're letting on!
    Presti cancels out Morris, Didak cancels out Cooney - we on level terms then?

Post Thanks / Like

I hope he is fully fit and not the fit that he has been playing all year. I love higgo but this year when he hasn't been 100%, he has been a liablity. His skills really drop off when he is struggling. Although we are probably better off taking the risk with him in hope of the return of his finals form.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by becmatty View Post
    Just what I was thinking.

Presti would be a good out. With him gone Hall would def kick a few!

Post Thanks / Like

Didak and Presti out would make it a pretty interesting game. Both extremely important players to their set-up.

As for Higgins, I can't see him turning it around this year. Probably worth another try though if he's over that problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by becmatty View Post
    No, not really. Yes the 2 lock down defenders cancel each other out somewhat, but Didak is nowhere near as important to their midfield as Cooney is to ours. Collingwood have multiple guys who can approximate if not equal what Didak does from within the team. We have maybe one (Griffen) who has the skill set that Cooney does and he'll be sat on big time.
    It certainly would be a plus for us if Collingwood also have injuries but no, I don't think these cancel each other out.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Just what I was thinking.

Presti would be a good out. With him gone Hall would def kick a few!
    If we can win the ball out of the middle and deliver it to him enough, which is no sure thing.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    No, not really. Yes the 2 lock down defenders cancel each other out somewhat, but Didak is nowhere near as important to their midfield as Cooney is to ours. Collingwood have multiple guys who can approximate if not equal what Didak does from within the team. We have maybe one (Griffen) who has the skill set that Cooney does and he'll be sat on big time.
    It certainly would be a plus for us if Collingwood also have injuries but no, I don't think these cancel each other out.
    No way.

Didak is the cream on the man-cake that is Swan, Pendles, Jolly and the two kids. Without him they are tough, uncompromising, reasonably quick and workmanlike, characteristics matched well by Boyd, Cross, Picken and Griff. Didak is the creative spark they've always needed in there (sublime kicking skills), without which they fall back quickly to the pack ie. Cooney for us.

Mick will probably move Davis into the middle now to provide some bang.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Mick will probably move Davis into the middle now to provide some bang.
    I hope so as he always kicks goals against us!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    In all seriousness, the VFL grudge match final against Port may well be a tougher game than the bombers game. I know the Port boys will be tackling a lot harder than the bombers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    My feeling is that they are just "resting" Didak for him to be ready against us? He perform really well the last 2 times we met
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    In all seriousness, the VFL grudge match final against Port may well be a tougher game than the bombers game. I know the Port boys will be tackling a lot harder than the bombers.
    Yep and more chance to cop another injury
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.