Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Grant kicks bag to sting Dons

Andrea Petrie
    August 29, 2010

AN INCIDENT in the waters of Port Phillip Bay before anyone really knew his name, was never going to be the sting in the Jarrad Grant tale.

Two years after a stingray barb pierced Grant's left ankle during a recovery session in the shallows at Port Melbourne, the 192-centimetre 21-year-old again showed last night why he deserved a spot in the Western Bulldogs' line-up.

Kicking a career-high six goals and unselfishly passing off to his teammates when necessary, Grant was all class in the Dogs' 29-point win against Essendon.

Link

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grant kicks bag to sting Dons

Three things struck me about Grant's game last night.

Firstly, he always seemed to have so much distance on his opponent on every lead. When he led out to kick one of his goals (might have been his third), I was watching him as he prepared to lead. He started side by side with his opponent, and 15 metres into his lead he seemed to have made 5 metres on him. Just works so hard and has genuine pace on the lead.

Secondly, I never realised he had such clean hands around his ankles. The pick up and snap for his 5th was something special.

Thirdly, if he can produce that sort of game next year, Jarrad and Big Bad will give back lines plenty of headaches next year. If one draws the main offender the other could run amok on the lead.

If Jarrod Harbrow wasn't going to the Gold Coast next year I would have left that match a pretty happy man. The future ain't lookin bad.
    Last edited by westdog54; 29-08-2010 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Typo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Three things struck me about Grant's game last night.

Firstly, he always seemed to have so much distance on his opponent on every lead. When he led out to kick one of his goals (might have been his third), I was watching him as he prepared to lead. He started side by side with his opponent, and 15 metres into his lead he seemed to have made 5 metres on him. Just works so hard and has genuine pace on the lead.

Secondly, I never realised he had such clean hands around his ankles. The pick up and snap for his 5th was something special.

Thirdly, if he can produce that sort of game next year, Jarrad and Big Bad will give back lines plenty of headaches next year. If one draws the main offender the other could run amok on the lead.

If Jarrod Harbrow wasn't going to the Gold Coast next year I would have left that match a pretty happy man. The future ain't lookin bad.
    No, no, no, no, no.

Don't you read the papers?

Our premiership window has closed and we're about to plumment back to the bottom - we're lost Aker and probably next year Johnno, we've got nuthin'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    No, no, no, no, no.

Our premiership window has closed and we're about to plumment back to the bottom - we're lost Aker and probably next year Johnno, we've got nuthin'.
    That's ok, we don't mind being completely written off, besides, Geelong, Collingwood & Saints don't mind having no reserves teams playing as of last week, so in case of injury, they will enjoy bringing in players completely underdone, especially with all that depth at Collingwood, geez i hope they don't play the likes of Fraser & Lockyer, absolute match winners.......

Post Thanks / Like

No, no, no, no, no.

And we have no rucks or talls, but at least we're still light-bodied, super-fast and skilful by foot, I mean, that last 6 games we played in 2006 were so impressive.

Post Thanks / Like

No, no, no, no, no.

As soon as I see a SS post start with the line 'no, no, no, no, no' I know I'm in for a laugh.

Aker who?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    As soon as I see a SS post start with the line 'no, no, no, no, no' I know I'm in for a laugh.

Aker who?
    Damn. Ya beat me to it.