Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Young Hawk Travis Tuck treated for drug overdose

^^^ Agree GVGjr.

I thought that Nathan Thompson thing brought more light to this issue, but it seems that the clubs and players still need to find better ways to work together. It's a tough one though, because I'm sure not getting selected etc can probably add to his depression.

It's a scary illness. Hopefully footy is the furthest thing from his mind and he and his family can concentrate of getting him better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    That's my understanding of it. It's hard for Tucks employer to show a duty of care when they were kept in the dark until the last couple of days.
    Do we fully believe that they knew nothing? and that this is a complete shock to them

But I do take your point, but Tucks medical confidentiality is his individual right, and its hard to sacrifice that because clubs have not always handled these issues or players well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    12 week suspension, but can play VFL after 8 weeks. Suffering clinical depression.
    Whilst I feel for Travis and his family at this time, why did he only get half a season suspension; when Ben Cousins who received no (drug) strikes gets one year.

Apparently being found slumped over the steering wheel with drug paraphernalia next to you is not 'bring the game into disrepute' ??
    WOOF Member 422