Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Heart's half-price deal to AFL fans

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    After supporting an underdog team for all of my life, I was considering switching allegiances to the Heart. I asked my son if he wanted to barrack for the Heart, and he was straight to the point saying Dad, we can't swap teams. I was pleased to hear that from him and now know that however bad the dogs are going, he'll always be a dogs supporter.
    Good kid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    Good post.

I have been to about 7 - 10 Victory games each year and all of their finals in Melbourne. I take my 8 year old son to the games.

After supporting an underdog team for all of my life, I was considering switching allegiances to the Heart. I asked my son if he wanted to barrack for the Heart, and he was straight to the point saying Dad, we can't swap teams. I was pleased to hear that from him and now know that however bad the dogs are going, he'll always be a dogs supporter.
    Unlike your name sake.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Apart from not really being a big Soccer fan (due to my Italian heritage I used to love it but the overabundance of prima donnas and corruption turned me off plus I find myself getting a little bored watching it now especially after watching so much footy). I can't really get passionate about any A-League team as to me they all feel rather samey, corporate and soulless without any real history (not even a fake one like West Coast and Adelaide) or identity. So, I find myself very 'meh' about both the Heart and the Victory.

Post Thanks / Like

went to this with a couple of others and thought it was good fun.

Aami Park is a pretty cool stadium, for someone who is used to sitting on level 3 at the Dome you are so close to the action and its such a small stadium and pitch. We changed ends based on the direction the heart were going and the end with the big singing fan club was much cooler. Really loud, fun and a little abusive and I can only imagine how cool the crowd would be in the major European leagues.

Unfortunately though the stadium was pretty empty with only 4,000ish spectators but glad we went. The match was alright, had good bits and bad bits and a cool goal.

Going to such a small stadium however made me appreciate just how big the MCG was as we walked across. It is gigantic. Very impressive structure.