Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gold Coast Suns Signings

Quote Originally Posted by dfa4pm View Post
    I can't agree with this. I think he's a very good team player. A self interested player wouldn't have bothered putting in the performance he did in that PF when they were being spanked.

Otherwise, your Titans statement might have some merit.
    But this just adds to Ablett the brand? It's all about perspective and Ablett performing on that night could still be taken to mean....'look at me Gary Ablett, the best player in a team going down'.

Ablett has way too much pride in himself not to give his all, no matter who he is playing for, doesn't mean he is a team orientated player, he just never wants to look bad. I was told his father refusing to play in the Drouin senior grand final as a 16 year old because he couldn't start on a wing (pers comm. K. Adams Drouin police Officer at the time who's son was also playing in that game).

The Ablett's don't give a shieser about anyone but themselves. Junior is gone, I agree he is waiting to get the BF out of the way so he doesn't have to front his team mates. He is hopeless at confrontation, especially in regard to his peers but also in regard to public opinion.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

The AFL have carefully staged managed the Suns announcements all along.

There is no way they will release anything grand final week, they want maximum effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I think he is very very concerned about his standing in the scheme of things, individual awards are a huge part of that, you could see he was nearly suicidal when he missed out on Brownlow votes in games he felt he should poll, and in the 2008 GF he only looked truly devasted when they announced the winner of the Norm Smith and it wasn't him. I take his game in the PF final as part of that, I think he would take great pride in the media talking about how outstanding he was (which he was) in a game where his team mates were poor.
    Hmmm. I don't mind a person acknowledging that individual awards are important to them. As I said in another thread, I'd rather see Ablett be disappointed about missing out than seeing Chris Judd leaning back in his chair smirking like the cheshire cat.

I disagree on the PF. He did everything in his power to win. Even after a lot of his mates lay gown.

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    But this just adds to Ablett the brand? It's all about perspective and Ablett performing on that night could still be taken to mean....'look at me Gary Ablett, the best player in a team going down'.

Ablett has way too much pride in himself not to give his all, no matter who he is playing for, doesn't mean he is a team orientated player, he just never wants to look bad. I was told his father refusing to play in the Drouin senior grand final as a 16 year old because he couldn't start on a wing (pers comm. K. Adams Drouin police Officer at the time who's son was also playing in that game).

The Ablett's don't give a shieser about anyone but themselves. Junior is gone, I agree he is waiting to get the BF out of the way so he doesn't have to front his team mates. He is hopeless at confrontation, especially in regard to his peers but also in regard to public opinion.
    I can't agree with you on that one. I don't believe Ablett plays without team goals at all. One example was a great piece of play in the third q of the PF when he took a few on and ran into fifty. He would have been perfectly entitled to take the shot, but he hit Steve Johnson with a beauty off the side of his boot.

Not sure what Ablett senior has to do with it. Not doubting your word, just that I don't see a correlation.

Still, we'll have to agree to disagree. Your entitled to your opinion, I just mostly disagree and vice versa. No sweat.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the HUN journo's has called it for Garry

Can anyone else hear that? Think its champagne corks popping somewhere in south Queensland. They're celebrating something. 15 minutes ago via web
    http://twitter.com/ClarkyHeraldSun/status/25281951214

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is my first rumour ever....one of the poor unfortunates who don't have any contacts.
    A personal friend of our family who works with Lauren Phillip's mother and is good friends with her as well told us earlier in the week that Gazza is definitely going. For what its worth I thought I'd pass it on.