Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Griffen heads Dogs' list of training no-shows

Griffen heads Dogs' list of training no-shows

By Jason Phelan
    12:51 PM Wed 01 September, 2010

WESTERN Bulldogs star Ryan Griffen will be given until the very last minute to prove his fitness for Saturday night’s qualifying final against Collingwood.

Griffen did not take part in the Dogs’ main training session at Whitten Oval on Wednesday, but coach Rodney Eade refused to concede he would miss with the knee injury he sustained last week against Essendon.

“We’re still hopeful he’ll play, so we’ll make a decision about an hour and a half before the game starts,” Eade said on Wednesday.

Ben Hudson, Lindsay Gilbee, Tom Williams and Brian Lake were other notable Bulldogs not to take part in the early part of the session that was closed to the media after 30 minutes.
    Read More
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griffen heads Dogs' list of training no-shows

Ahhh dont you love finals time? All the mind games. Rocket says we will decide 1.5 hrs before the game.
    Griff will probably do a fitness test in the carpark of the MCG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Ahhh dont you love finals time? All the mind games. Rocket says we will decide 1.5 hrs before the game.
    Griff will probably do a fitness test in the carpark of the MCG.
    1.5 hours is the sanctioned AFL time for late emergencies to come in, but there was a team (for the life of me I can't remember who) this year that made a change during the warm up due to an injury ... this was approved by the AFL because there was no one available to make a ruling.

I say we give Griff until we run through the banner to prove his fitness and quote the precedence already set
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    1.5 hours is the sanctioned AFL time for late emergencies to come in, but there was a team (for the life of me I can't remember who) this year that made a change during the warm up due to an injury ... this was approved by the AFL because there was no one available to make a ruling.

I say we give Griff until we run through the banner to prove his fitness and quote the precedence already set
    North Melbourne got a late injury and had to play the first 20 minutes with only 21 players. The AFL did not know what the ruling was (it took them this long to come nack with an answer) They were then able to get an emergency who had just finished playing VFL to play seniors. I believe that is how the story goes.

Post Thanks / Like

It was David Hale from memory. North effectively still played one short

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    North Melbourne got a late injury and had to play the first 20 minutes with only 21 players. The AFL did not know what the ruling was (it took them this long to come nack with an answer) They were then able to get an emergency who had just finished playing VFL to play seniors. I believe that is how the story goes.
    Correct.

North could have played another player who wasn't named as an emergency, it would have resulted in a $20K fine though (not a major issue for Collingwood).
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    It was David Hale from memory. North effectively still played one short
    Ouch!!!
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a pretty big list Griffen, Huddo, Gilbs, Williams, Lake, Johnno!

We need atleast 4 of those 6 to play to win IMO, Does anyone know why Huddo and Gilbee didnt train and will they be alright?