Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finals Week 1

Post Thanks / Like

Finals Week 1

I must say I was surprised that St.Kilda defeated Geelong tonight.

Reiwoldt was awesome early, gee he works hard. Milne showed that he must be watched all the time. A 5 minute lapse in the 2nd quarter by Josh Hunt & 3 goals later...

The AFL would now be thinking that their 'dream Grand Final' of Geelong & Collingwood is now in jeopardy.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finals Week 1

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    The AFL would now be thinking that their 'dream Grand Final' of Geelong & Collingwood is now in jeopardy.
    I absolutely love this, too.

Tired of hearing every Cat/Pie fan talk about facing one another in the Grand Final. As though nothing could stop either one of them.

Nothing better - aside from a Bulldogs win!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I absolutely love this, too.

Tired of hearing every Cat/Pie fan talk about facing one another in the Grand Final. As though nothing could stop either one of them.

Nothing better - aside from a Bulldogs win!
    I don't know. I can't think of too many things worse than a Pies-Saints GF, apart from Pies-Blues, but that won't happen.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely spewing... can't stand the Saints... not a massive fan of the Pussies, but hate the Aints.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I don't know. I can't think of too many things worse than a Pies-Saints GF, apart from Pies-Blues, but that won't happen.
    Living down Geelong way makes my hatred for that club beyond comprehension.

I have no doubt they've got the dumbest, cockiest supporters of all time. Absolutely fantastic to see them whinge and moan about that free!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Living down Geelong way makes my hatred for that club beyond comprehension.

I have no doubt they've got the dumbest, cockiest supporters of all time. Absolutely fantastic to see them whinge and moan about that free!
    I don't know. I don't want to find out what Saints supporters are like if they win a GF. On the plus side, you know Pies supporters are the same, win or lose. They always think they're the best regardless of result.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Can't stop laughing at Stkilda fans crying up a river over Milne copping abuse.
    This the club with the "Animal Enclosure"
    What's the deal with Kosi?Starts like a house on fire then doesn't touch it!Personally still think the Cats can get through,they'll have the worry beads that Hawthorn don't win. Freo at Etihad ouch!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Can't stop laughing at Stkilda fans crying up a river over Milne copping abuse.
    This the club with the "Animal Enclosure"
    What's the deal with Kosi?Starts like a house on fire then doesn't touch it!Personally still think the Cats can get through,they'll have the worry beads that Hawthorn don't win. Freo at Etihad ouch!
    The cats won't get through because they are now on our side of the draw.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Love your optimism
    Just hope you're right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I don't know. I don't want to find out what Saints supporters are like if they win a GF. On the plus side, you know Pies supporters are the same, win or lose. They always think they're the best regardless of result.
    They'll just become another club who
    Have won more flags than us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    A fair bit has happened since we last beat the Cats in a final. The Vietnam War came and went. JFK was assassinated by someone sitting on the grassy knoll. Man first laanded on the moon. Love your glass half full approach BAD

Saints were manic in their intensity in the first 2.5 quarters and should have been 50 points up . Then they gassed up big time. Lucky to hold on in the end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

Saints were manic in their intensity in the first 2.5 quarters and should have been 50 points up . Then they gassed up big time. Lucky to hold on in the end.
    Geelong kicking 1.7 in the last qtr helped St.Kilda's cause.

At about the 20min mark in the last qtr the I50's were 15-1 in Geelong's favour. Geelong did everything right in the last qtr, except kick straight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

At about the 20min mark in the last qtr the I50's were 15-1 in Geelong's favour. Geelong did everything right in the last qtr, except kick straight.
    Just rams home the importance of taking your chances.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

Very true. They were in sight of the finish line and staggered to it big time. Having said that, they missed 6-7 sodas in Q2 and Q3 to put it well and truly to bed. Cats looked awfully slow before the rains came.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Very true. They were in sight of the finish line and staggered to it big time. Having said that, they missed 6-7 sodas in Q2 and Q3 to put it well and truly to bed. Cats looked awfully slow before the rains came.
    They certainly did.

Against us in rd 20 they looked super quick, but in the first 2 & 1/2 qtrs last night it looked like they were playing in concrete boots. Just shows how important defensive intensity is as St.Kilda's was awesome thru this period.