Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "You just lost us the game"

I would want that free kick paid one hundred times out of one hundred.

Shame for such a great game to rest on one "controversial" call, but it was a free kick. End of story.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

It was a free kick no doubt, but I would love to see this rule changed. I believe that a push in the back shouldn't be awarded if it is during a tackle. Who cares if you turn the player in the tackle when you tackled him from behind, if he was caught with the ball its his fault, and he should be penalised. I understand the push in the back rule in a marking contest or when you might be about to pick the ball up in a pack, but a technically wrong executed tackle is too harsh on the tackler. I would have loved to see Mooney's tackle called play on but because they pay it a free kick 90% of the time it was definatly a free kick IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    It was a free kick no doubt, but I would love to see this rule changed. I believe that a push in the back shouldn't be awarded if it is during a tackle. Who cares if you turn the player in the tackle when you tackled him from behind, if he was caught with the ball its his fault, and he should be penalised. I understand the push in the back rule in a marking contest or when you might be about to pick the ball up in a pack, but a technically wrong executed tackle is too harsh on the tackler. I would have loved to see Mooney's tackle called play on but because they pay it a free kick 90% of the time it was definatly a free kick IMO.
    This.

I hate it when someone chases flat out and throws himself at the ball carrier and then gets penalised for his momentum taking him forward - or even worse, the player gets caught so he throws himself forward and gets a free.