Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Player ratings: Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Summed up pretty well except Tommy Williams kept Cloke pretty quiet after quarter time when Cloke hardly touched it.
    Totally agree on Williams,

He was a little lost early, and slipped a few times but after quarter time Cloke was no where to be seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I thought Hargrave was ok, except for the three wild kicks that were slammed onto the boot and went straight to Colingwood and they promptly goaled.
    He has been butchering the ball all year, particularly since the Geelong game.

Continually over kicks the man or skies the ball

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Totally agree on Williams,

He was a little lost early, and slipped a few times but after quarter time Cloke was no where to be seen.
    This.

Commented to the guy in front of me that I thought he kept growing as the match went on. By then end of the match my reactions had shifted from 'oh no, Tommy is one out!!' to 'nah it's ok Tommy will have this..'

Let's hope that he is able to build on this with a good final against Sydney and a strong match on White/Goodes. He still has some defensive flaws (defending from the front spot, recvovering the ground ball) but what 50 gamer doesn't.

While the loss of Dale still hurts, the silver lining is getting to see Williams put against the best fowards and taking something from the experience. He can learn a lot playing on Goodes and Riewoldt, even if the lesson is what he still needs to improve.

Post Thanks / Like

As others said I thought Tom Williams really announced himself tonight. Continually stood up all game, never lost confidence, definitely a shining light leading into the future.

We have such a good list that may be forgotten after the dust settles if we don't experience success soon.

Post Thanks / Like

When a football commentating simpleton like The Ox thinks Williams has had a dirty night, you know he has been very good. Cloke was a non-factor, despite the ball being in his vicinity almost 70 times on the night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JH40 View Post
    Hargrave i thought had a shocker, especially with his composure under pressure.

Callan's rating i think is a little harsh, thought he played better then a 4.
    They got it wrong because Callan was on David for most of the game and held him to very little. (He had Didak in the last Q when he kicked that miracle goal)

Hargrave was horrible ..... how many times can you kick it to a pack of players?