Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Method In Rodney Eade's Madness

Aker at it again. I'm guessing this one would'nt have had Club approval. Talk about feint praise although an interesting perspective if nothing else. Ooh I almost forgot it must be close to book release time as it would appear it's now name and shame time.

The Method In Rodney Eade's Madness
    Jason Akermanis - Herald Sun - September 07

RODNEY Eade is like every coach I have had since age seven. He has left an impact on me and is someone for whom I have the utmost respect.

The hard work involved in coaching and delivering the same messages should never be underestimated.

My coach at Brisbane for seven years, Leigh Matthews, said he hoped one day we would be up there talking to a group about how to "dress up the sausages".

In other words, repeat the same thing all the time and make it sound interesting.

My next coach was Eade at the Western Bulldogs.

For more of Akermanis's vitriol Read Article In Full .....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Method In Rodney Eade's Madness

I don't think I've ever read a more loaded article in my life so full of drivel.

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously he has his own motives, but I agree with most of it. It's pretty clear Rocket has favourites (Eagle, Hahn included) whilst others are marked harder (Everitt, Hill included). Despite his solid record, the fact is - Eade's without a premiership to his name.

The lack of a second game plan and the blind faith in failed senior players means Eade should be questioned at the end of this season. His constant need for 'sprays' aren't great, either. He might well serve out his contract but I don't see him going beyond that.

An interesting comment I read on another site was that perhaps Eade may pull the plug at the end of this season. It's a bold statement based on assumption, but his recent interviews and demeanor have been interesting to say the least. It's certainly some food for thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Obviously he has his own motives, but I agree with most of it. It's pretty clear Rocket has favourites (Eagle, Hahn included) whilst others are marked harder (Everitt, Hill included). Despite his solid record, the fact is - Eade's without a premiership to his name.

The lack of a second game plan and the blind faith in failed senior players means Eade should be questioned at the end of this season. His constant need for 'sprays' aren't great, either. He might well serve out his contract but I don't see him going beyond that.

An interesting comment I read on another site was that perhaps Eade may pull the plug at the end of this season. It's a bold statement based on assumption, but his recent interviews and demeanor have been interesting to say the least. It's certainly some food for thought.
    Assuming Rodney does stay there needs to be a shake up of this MC and its structure for 2011 as the players are simply not responding to their message OR if they are it's the wrong message.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark Robinson has pushed this a few times already this week (SEN & The Bar on HS) Does he know something about a possible Essendon move or is he just speaking sh__. Pretty annoying either way (though I would clearly rather he just be full of it)

This much maybe obvious, but Eade will not enjoy reading that article
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Aker you are so insecure.

Please just piss off for good. He is starting to become one of our biggest mistakes.

Eade certainly isnt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Mark Robinson has pushed this a few times already this week (SEN & The Bar on HS) Does he know something about a possible Essendon move or is he just speaking sh__. Pretty annoying either way (though I would clearly rather he just be full of it)

This much maybe obvious, but Eade will not enjoy reading that article
    Didn't know that, adds to the intrigue.

Post Thanks / Like

This. While Aker has motive to stick the boot in I think a fair bit of it is true and pretty much goes with what people say on this site.

Post Thanks / Like

Whenever Hill gets a game, this board goes into meltdown. The article from Aker is crap. It is simply an opinion piece written by a very bitter man. It has as much credibility as an Andrew Bolt article on Climate Change or a BF post by some 12 year old.

Post Thanks / Like

My jaw dropped when I read this article. It is so loaded with hate and the intention to hurt and undermine as many Bulldogs people as possible as we head towards another crucial game. Akrimonious is getting his revenge BIG time. Vindictive, destructive, cancerous little man.

Post Thanks / Like

What would Aker know how Goodes was treated by Eade at Sydney.
    How would Aker know that Hill & Stack would be regular senior players at another club? He said the same thing about Marty Pask, enough said!

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't know that, adds to the intrigue.
    Robinson is an Essendon fan too, which adds to my annoyance that he'd push an Essendon line re: Eade after doing all he can to influence Knights' departure (not that I'm saying they wouldn't have come to that decision anyway)

There's reporting fact, there's opionion, and then there's BS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    Whenever Hill gets a game, this board goes into meltdown. The article from Aker is crap. It is simply an opinion piece written by a very bitter man. It has as much credibility as an Andrew Bolt article on Climate Change or a BF post by some 12 year old.
    teehee

Post Thanks / Like

Which other teams have a '2nd game plan'?

Post Thanks / Like

This is nasty. He's not just having a crack at Eade but he is dragging all the players through the mud, young and old, anyone he can think of, just to make his point and to satisfy his mean little spirit and desire for revenge.

If Aker doesn't want to respect the confidences, the private discussions and all that entails, all of those confidential things that inevitably arise from being part of a football team he doesn't have to. But it is poor form and it means he is a sad and unlikable weasel. Untrustworthy and despicable.

Surely by now his only friends on earth are the infamous racist Sam Newman and the failed radio station overlord Steve Price? Surely.
    Official Cartoonist for the Western Bulldogs. True!