Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fevola faces axe from Lions

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Find it strange that he denies allegations but the club has banned him , must be some sort of proof.
    The club did say they had rang the family involved a few times,
    Sounds like FEV, but it would be so easy to falsely accuse someone like him as most would assume he was guilty. If he is guilty, throw the book at him. I suppose we are incocent until proven guilty. True or not I really feel for his family, I think his oldest daughter would be old enough to hear all this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    This just reminds me how well Hall has done this year.

IIRC there have been 4 "bad boys" change clubs recently, with serious question marks over their heads.

Aker: stuffed up at the Lions, did the same to us

Lovett: questionable acts at the Bombers, joins the Saints, now charged with rape

Fevola: string of bad shit at Carlton, Bingle and now this at the Lions

Hall: a couple of seasons of on-field temper/violence incidents at the Swans, an exemplary season (sometimes under duress) with us.

Well Barry Hall.
    The difference is nobody thought Barry was a d!ckhead off the field. He has always been spoken highly of. The other three, well, not so much.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

This just reminds me how well Hall has done this year.

IIRC there have been 4 "bad boys" change clubs recently, with serious question marks over their heads.

Aker: stuffed up at the Lions, did the same to us

Lovett: questionable acts at the Bombers, joins the Saints, now charged with rape

Fevola: string of bad shit at Carlton, Bingle and now this at the Lions

Hall: a couple of seasons of on-field temper/violence incidents at the Swans, an exemplary season (sometimes under duress) with us.

Well Barry Hall.
    I'm not sure how you did it but you've forgot Ben Cousins. Who I guess did moderately well, he's still a smarmy....I better leave it at that.

On Fev: The guy has all the talent and ability in the world and has had more chances than he deserves, but I'm afraid he is just the dumbest individual I have ever seen (not counting Aker).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Considering his past I would be astounded if such clauses aren't in his contract.
    I am astounded too - article this morning says there aren't any conduct clauses. How stupid could the Lions be?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1225916041207

It was confirmed yesterday Fevola had no behavioural clauses in his contract.
    On a brighter note, we wont have to worry about Brisbane Lions being a legitimate condender for the flag for another decade after Vossy has destroyed the club.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    With Vossy, nothing would astound me. The sam guy gave 2+ year contracts to the likes of Raines & Buchanan to name a few
    DING DING we have a winner. Here I am astounded.....

Post Thanks / Like

So far it's been reported that the incident happened 'at a family day', then it was at a 'non club function' now we're hearing it happened 'in a park'.

Even though it's somewhat natural to assume he's been a naughty boy again, maybe we should wait until the truth comes out, rather than believe the media. Because we all know how accurate they are......

Post Thanks / Like

Dum de dum dum dum.

Hall over Fev anyday.

Post Thanks / Like

This whole situation smells decidedly whiffy.

I'm smelling a Brisbane Lions push to work with the AFL to have the AFL Executive de-register Brendan Fevola.

Then I'm smelling that, due "exceptional circumstances clearly out of Brisbane FC's control" Fevola's negotiated payout will be excluded from Brisbane's salary cap.

The AFL want him gone. Brisbane want him gone. They will work together to bend the rules to make this happen, because no-one ever said that this was a fair and equitable competition.

What's in it for the AFL? Idiot-boy Fev is no longer around to disgrace the brand, and one of their love-child clubs gets the salary-cap relief they need to avoid slipping into basket case territory.

Very whiffy indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

I'm smelling a Brisbane Lions push to work with the AFL to have the AFL Executive de-register Brendan Fevola.

Then I'm smelling that, due "exceptional circumstances clearly out of Brisbane FC's control" Fevola's negotiated payout will be excluded from Brisbane's salary cap.

The AFL want him gone. Brisbane want him gone. They will work together to bend the rules to make this happen, because no-one ever said that this was a fair and equitable competition.

What's in it for the AFL? Idiot-boy Fev is no longer around to disgrace the brand, and one of their love-child clubs gets the salary-cap relief they need to avoid slipping into basket case territory.

Very whiffy indeed.
    Agreed. I could only imagine how little support the AFL would offer if Fevola was at Adelaide, Collingwood, or most of all West Coast.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    Hall over Fev anyday.
    Why do you say that?

Just because he was cheaper in $$$ terms, cheaper in the trade, has kicked more goals for us, is a better team player, has been largely controversy free, will play for longer than Fev will or because he seems to have helped the development of Grant & Jones?

Screw shaudenfraude - I'm happy
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theimmortalmike View Post
    I'm not sure how you did it but you've forgot Ben Cousins. Who I guess did moderately well, he's still a smarmy....I better leave it at that.
    Good point.

I put it down partly to much less coverage about him up here in Sydney, and partly due to the fact that I often completely forget about Richmond.

Yep, Cousins did pretty well at the Tigers, as far as we know....
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

Very whiffy indeed.
    So it's a conspiracy or a ... oh never mind

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Why do you say that?

Just because he was cheaper in $$$ terms, cheaper in the trade, has kicked more goals for us, is a better team player, has been largely controversy free, will play for longer than Fev will or because he seems to have helped the development of Grant & Jones?

Screw shaudenfraude - I'm happy
    yeah... I should have thought about it more... maybe I am just Barry biased!

Post Thanks / Like

Good point.

I put it down partly to much less coverage about him up here in Sydney, and partly due to the fact that I often completely forget about Richmond.

Yep, Cousins did pretty well at the Tigers, as far as we know....
    Fair point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Fevola suspended indefinitely until incident is investigated
    Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Suspended from what?
    Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    All club activities.
    I'm confused!
    Didn't he suspend himself from all club activities all through out the year? You know, when he was on the field?