Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Andrew Hooper in line for cut-throat final

He has a Tatt on the inside of his arm! Alarm bells! haha

Come on MC. Do something to keep us interested. Would love to see him take the paddock.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by becmatty View Post
    Oh really? So I guess things must have changed dramatically in your head since you slated this idea when I called for his selection in round 22?

I said that he was electryingly fast, a great mark for his size and would be a worthy gamble ahead of the finals to give our forward line some bite.

I guess when you were saying that you 'tottally disagree' , that I have 'no idea' and asked 'Is this the same Hooper at Williamstown that I've been wathcing?' perhaps you were just talking about the Home and Away season.

Now that it is a popular opinion, why not hitch a ride on the bandwagon?
    If you suggest 100 things, occasionally you're bound to get one

Post Thanks / Like

What have we got to lose? Apart from the game. Everyone else in the team has played crap so I can't see Hooper doing any worse. I think I would rather Hill but there is a good chance he will serve up the crap that got him dropped in the first place. Hill or Hooper, I could live with either one of these decisions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    And you obviously saw the article.
    No I didn't, there's no mention in the link. It's just pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by becmatty View Post
    Oh really? So I guess things must have changed dramatically in your head since you slated this idea when I called for his selection in round 22?

I said that he was electryingly fast, a great mark for his size and would be a worthy gamble ahead of the finals to give our forward line some bite.

I guess when you were saying that you 'tottally disagree' , that I have 'no idea' and asked 'Is this the same Hooper at Williamstown that I've been wathcing?' perhaps you were just talking about the Home and Away season.

Now that it is a popular opinion, why not hitch a ride on the bandwagon?
    Irrelevant poster ignored.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

I am a believer in if you dont try it you will never know,.
    The way we are going at the moment, I say go for it at least you were shown to try something.
    Those days when our side cops a thumping I tend to look and see if the coach tried things or just sat and watched.
    If he tries different things I am at least happy he did different things , if he didnt I become very angry and think what did that achieve?

Post Thanks / Like

I am not too keen on this move.

I would much prefer Jones be in line for a recall than an untried Hooper. We need to have forwards in our team who can win their own ball against decent opposition and it's totally unknown if Hooper can do this and a cut-throat final is no time to experiment in this way.

At least in Jones we know that he will chase and place pressure on the opposition and has shown the ability to look dangerous at times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I am not too keen on this move.

I would much prefer Jones be in line for a recall than an untried Hooper. We need to have forwards in our team who can win their own ball against decent opposition and it's totally unknown if Hooper can do this and a cut-throat final is no time to experiment in this way.

At least in Jones we know that he will chase and place pressure on the opposition and has shown the ability to look dangerous at times.
    If it Jones v Hooper, than I'd go with Jones.

But if it's Eagleton v Hooper or Hahn v Hooper, than I'd prefer to go with the unknown rather than the known.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Id love to see this kid be given a game, straight into the finals, show us what you've got. Like b.a.d said, I think he'd have more to offer than a Hahn or Eagleton right now.

For the Willy watchers, what kind of player out there is he similar to?

His body seems like a Jarrod Moore-type? Does he have similar attributes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    Id love to see this kid be given a game, straight into the finals, show us what you've got. Like b.a.d said, Id like him in there over a Hahn or Eagleton right now.

For the Willy watchers, what kind of player out there is he similar to?

His body seems like a Jarrod Moore-type? Does he have similar attributes?
    Built like Jarred Moore plays like Ben McGlynn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    He is also very very chatty out on the field and doesn't lack any confidence.
    Good.
    I'm sick to bloody death of the club being 20+ "nice guys" every week. I want pricks like Picken & Shaggy to have someone to share stories with. Huddo can sledge too, whilst Tim Callan spent a fair bit of time at a Willy 1/4 time huddle bragging how he had smashed some bloke than rubbed his face in the mud whilst on top of him.
    I think we lack mongrel & swagger.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Good.
    I'm sick to bloody death of the club being 20+ "nice guys" every week. I want pricks like Picken & Shaggy to have someone to share stories with. Huddo can sledge too, whilst Tim Callan spent a fair bit of time at a Willy 1/4 time huddle bragging how he had smashed some bloke than rubbed his face in the mud whilst on top of him.
    What is this assumption based on?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    If it Jones v Hooper, than I'd go with Jones.

But if it's Eagleton v Hooper or Hahn v Hooper, than I'd prefer to go with the unknown rather than the known.
    At present the only one we are hearing as an out is Higgins. We seriously lacked size up forward last week so when he goes out Jones should come in.

Agree that if we make more changes to our forward structure then Hooper should come into calculations.

Post Thanks / Like

Good.
    I agree. What really peed me off last week was watching Collingwood bad mouth our blokes at every opportunity to no response.

I don't care if it means we have a few blokes who piss on Police Stations but get some mongrel out there.

Fly the flag FFS.

Post Thanks / Like

Good.
    I love Huddo on a mark, his distraction is yelling loud in their faces. Would scare me if I was the player with the ball

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely agree with Jones in for Higgins.
    I'd be happy enough for Hooper to play (note: I've never seen him play before) as long as it was in place of Eagleton or Hahn - but I definitely think Jones takes priority over Hooper.

Wood should replace Hahn.
    If Ward is no good - then Moles is the replacement.