Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Infectious Andrew Hooper sends Western Bulldogs wild

You didn't see much of Hoops on TV, did he do a lot of presenting and was just over looked for Barry.

Just trying to Gage his work rate on the night.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Hotdog60, Hoops ran & ran. He did what was asked of him. not too many touches but opened the zone up for the likes of Bazza.
    Hoops was sorely missed at Willy tho, and may have been who they needed to get over the line.

After seeing both Willy teams bow out, it was exciting to have a win and proceed to our 3rd Prelim in a row.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    You didn't see much of Hoops on TV, did he do a lot of presenting and was just over looked for Barry.

Just trying to Gage his work rate on the night.
    He did a bit, got mobbed a couple of times leading...actually thought a couple of other frees might've been paid.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Agreed, i thought that was the turning point in the game, seeing all the players run from everywhere was bloody great, it almost reminds of Hulk Hogan being totally down & out, then something clicks, he starts shaking, clenching the fists, and rises back from the dead, the spirit was back in the side.
    He's like the Hulkster, just way, way, way, way, way, way, way smaller. Useless Trivia # 15,612 - He was born a few months before Wrestlemania VI, the site of the famous Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior battle.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Is it too harsh to nickname him Chunk?

Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

It's great to see a young player enthusiastic and committed. His celebration after his first goal was fantastic and great to see the excitement generated by it and the number of teammates that came to congratulate him. I remember another contest in the near the goal square where he put his body on the line and helped create a goal. He also showed that Sydney were worried about him as he led his opponent to the ball earning a couple of free kicks. I just hope he puts his head down and is able to continue to improve and become a regular in the side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

No.

I tried to stop myself, but every time he was involved I kept shouting "go the little fat kid".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Agreed, i thought that was the turning point in the game, seeing all the players run from everywhere was bloody great, it almost reminds of Hulk Hogan being totally down & out, then something clicks, he starts shaking, clenching the fists, and rises back from the dead, the spirit was back in the side.
    "The Dogs are Hulking up!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfa4pm View Post
    No.

I tried to stop myself, but every time he was involved I kept shouting "go the little fat kid".
    I first saw Hoops at the intraclub game earlier this year and instinctively thought he had won a raffle where 1st prize was a chance to train with the team.

He didn't look like a league footballer back then, but I reckon he will be alright.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

The last time I saw a celebration like that was when Justin Charles kicked a goal to put us just 48 points down with five minutes to go in the last quarter. Charlesy loved a goal.

I thought he was good for us last night but I don't think he stay in the line up if Morris will be right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    The last time I saw a celebration like that was when Justin Charles kicked a goal to put us just 48 points down with five minutes to go in the last quarter. Charlesy loved a goal.

I thought he was good for us last night but I don't think he stay in the line up if Morris will be right.
    I thought his celebration was very Tyson Lane like, NO ONE enjoyed his own goal more so than Lane.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

The Truffle Shuffle!! Love it!!