Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Bob

While Barry kept us in the game early, Murphy really changed it in our favour when he went forward. With Wood back, Harbrow finding some run again down back and Grant struggling up forward should Murphy start forward on Saturday night?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bob

I think he probably should start forward. I love Bob as a half back...but we have to actively try and win the game, and I think our best chance to score is to have Bob across half forward as he'll give us more I50s.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought this thread might be discussion topic, but I just saw that there is an article on it in today's Age so I was beaten to the chase.

Post Thanks / Like

Id prefer back. Often the first move to beat the forward press is the most important - stop, prop, kick long to a contest and st kilda loves that. Evade a couple of players, run your 30m and kick over it, and you have them panicking.

If it turns out that we arent getting enough shots on goal - then move him forward.

Murph leads up the ground and offers a target, thats great, thats part of what we need. but I reckon Jones can provide that for us too - even though he was woeful against the Dons in terms of dropping marks and making turnovers when he did catch it, one thing he did was lead hard and presented well. I would roll the dice and see if he can put a decent game togther, leading up the wings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    Murph leads up the ground and offers a target, thats great, thats part of what we need. but I reckon Jones can provide that for us too - even though he was woeful against the Dons in terms of dropping marks and making turnovers when he did catch it, one thing he did was lead hard and presented well. I would roll the dice and see if he can put a decent game togther, leading up the wings.
    I thought Jones was the only player at Willy last week to press a claim for selection. Not sure if the MC would be willing to stick their neck out two weeks in a row (lets not underestimate how risky the Hooper selection was) but I'd prefer to give the kid a go.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    Id prefer back. Often the first move to beat the forward press is the most important - stop, prop, kick long to a contest and st kilda loves that. Evade a couple of players, run your 30m and kick over it, and you have them panicking.

If it turns out that we arent getting enough shots on goal - then move him forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I thought Jones was the only player at Willy last week to press a claim for selection. Not sure if the MC would be willing to stick their neck out two weeks in a row (lets not underestimate how risky the Hooper selection was) but I'd prefer to give the kid a go.
    I would only bring Jones in for Grant. Grant has been disappointing in our 2 finals, but he should really be the one playing Murphy's forward role
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

We need fast forwards who are a decent chance of marking the ball and we need to kick them. Thats the only way to spread the st kilda defence. Definitely would keep Grant in the side for that reason, and add Jones too.

Post Thanks / Like

It'd be idiotic to drop Grant.

He's had two awful games but he's a potential match winner. Aside of Hall and Griffen, we don't have another one, given that Cooney is out.

He seriously needs to lift, but we can't afford to drop him.

Drop Hahn and bring in Jones. Drop Hooper and bring in Morris.

* Just to add, I've been very happy with Murph's efforts in these two finals. I've been critical of him for a while, believing he should be performing better - especially against the better sides. During '05 I thought he'd become an elite player, but that Rocca tackle put a stop to that. In any event - Murphy has been elite in the two finals so far. Love to see him turn back the clock and dominate at CHF this week.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread could just about be merged with ins and out for prelim thread