Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Aka's book nothing more than a nasty little rant

WESTERN Bulldogs chief executive Campbell Rose asked me to look at the Jason Akermanis book and give some legal advice to various people around the club who had been the subject of sportsmen's night abuse, courtesy of Akermanis. I had the dubious privilege of reading it over the weekend, an unpleasant task more than rewarded by the team's gutsy fightback win on Saturday night.

Ghost Dog - Not that I am not a little jack of the whole issue, but it's a well written article and I enjoy anything well written.
    Second Paragraph is very funny.

Link
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aka's book nothing more than a nasty little rant

Thank you Peter Gordon, for saving us all a heap of trouble and showing up this bloke for what he really stands for.

I'll steer well away from any discussion of Aker or his book from here on in. Neither of them are worth talking about anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

From SEN.com.au

Jason Akermanis has slammed former Western Bulldogs President Peter Gordon, after he penned an article criticising the Brownlow Medallist's book.

In today's 'The Age', Gordon labelled the book a 'tantrum in paperback', saying 'it's like a grown man sitting in a giant cot and clanging his keyboard against the sides and demanding attention'.

Gordon says 'like a crazed Dick Cheney, Aka wanders through its pages taking pot shots at anything that moves'.

The Western Bulldogs asked Gordon to read the book, 'Open Season' ahead of its release on Friday, and offer legal advice.

Speaking to MTR, Akermanis claims Gordon has no right to critique his book.

"I don't know Peter," Akermanis said.

"In the years you sort of see him floating around, but I don't even think I've spoken to him. So now this guy is going to write, become this book critic. It doesn't make any sense."

"Anything that you could possibly get negative, he's just gone 'yes'."

"He's made a big deal out of everything, that he would be as a Bulldogs supporter, remotely interested in. He hasn't talked about all the other issues that are in there."
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Thank you Peter Gordon, for saving us all a heap of trouble and showing up this bloke for what he really stands for.

I'll steer well away from any discussion of Aker or his book from here on in. Neither of them are worth talking about anymore.
    Well said. Time for everyone to move on.

Post Thanks / Like

Makes me want to make Murph captain.

Go Peter.

Post Thanks / Like

A worthwhile read thanks Peter.

Post Thanks / Like

Loved the bit at the end.

Who among us would not give their eye teeth to fight epic footy battles and leave the game with the respect that Brett Kirk earned at the final siren last Saturday night?

What a chance you squandered, Jason.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

"In the years you sort of see him floating around, but I don't even think I've spoken to him. So now this guy is going to write, become this book critic. It doesn't make any sense."

"He's made a big deal out of everything, that he would be as a Bulldogs supporter, remotely interested in. He hasn't talked about all the other issues that are in there."
    This is Akermanis confirming to the football world just how thin his skin really is. If you're an author and you release a book, fancy expecting every single review to be positive

The crowds have long stopped chanting, there are no more glorious battles on the field, Aker's dream life has now been replaced by the day to day mundanity of an ex AFL footballer's existence. He will be fired from his MTR gig as soon Steve Price has tired of his little hand-puppet and that fact that his morning ratings remain stuck in the mud. Ignorant nuffies will continue to side with him but even they will tire of his repeated and simplistic rants. It's beautiful to see the Akermanis empire crumbling down brick by brick, all of it self-imposed.

Thank you Peter Gordon for penning the best article I have read in the newspapers in a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    This is Akermanis confirming to the football world just how thin his skin really is. If you're an author and you release a book, fancy expecting every single review to be positive.

The crowds have long stopped chanting, there are no more glorious battles on the field, Aker's dream life has now been replaced by the day to day mundanity of an ex AFL footballer's existence. He will be fired from his MTR gig as soon Steve Price has tired of his little hand-puppet and that fact that his morning ratings remain stuck in the mud. Ignorant nuffies will continue to side with him but even they will tire of his repeated and simplistic rants. It's beautiful to see the Akermanis empire crumbling down brick by brick, all of it self-imposed.

Thank you Peter Gordon for penning the best article I have read in the newspapers in a long time.
    Peter isn't qualified to review his book because he doesn't know him.

So unless you are a personal friend of Akermanis' you can't read it?

Don't bother booking the printers for a 2nd run then.

Post Thanks / Like

Read the article this morning - loved it. Not sure Aker would fare very well in a battle of wits with Mr Gordon
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Read the article this morning - loved it. Not sure Aker would fare very well in a battle of wits with Mr Gordon
    Not wanting to downplay Mr.Gordon's intelligence, but I would think that Aker would struggle to out-wit an Amoeba.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    From SEN.com.au

The hypocrisy of this little man is limitless.

I wonder what a Michael Braun must think when he hears such crap.

With a slight bent to the H&A Cup concept, we should consider a propositon to the Lions for 2011, that the loser be awarded with the inaugural Akermanis Cup.
    Last edited by Doc26; 14-09-2010 at 12:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    ... With a slight bent to the H&A Cup concept, we should consider a propositon to the Lions for 2011, that the loser be awarded with the inaugural Akermanis Cup.
    That is funny!

Thought Gordon summed it all up pretty well. Theend.

Post Thanks / Like

I once visited a Bowling Club interstate and over a beer mentioned to the barman that a certain Mr X who formerly had played for that club was now playing for my club.

The barman said nothing, turned around and grabbed a tin which had Mr X name on it. He then said, "Put a donation in here"

When I asked why, he said, "Anybody who mentions that prick's name around here has to make a $5.00 donation"

In the spirit of this, I suggest that henceforth, anybody mentioning Aker's name on this forum should be fined the sum of $10 which will go into a fund to Sponsor a player next year.

We may well achieve record sponsorship

Post Thanks / Like

I've said it before, but it is so sad that such a great player will leave the game remembered as a bitter, loudmouth idiot sacked from two clubs and not a triple premiership winner, brownlow medallist and great of the game.

Those last few sentences sum it up perfectly.