Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Teams-Preliminary Final 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    What crap. Eade and the MC have lost the plot.
    Please explain?

Post Thanks / Like

What crap. Eade and the MC have lost the plot.
    Why, because of Hahn?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    Please explain?
    They have conformed to the collective pressure of the public, creating an injustice which is not in the best interests of the team. They're not paid to parrot the public.

Post Thanks / Like

They have conformed to the collective pressure of the public, creating an injustice which is not in the best interests of the team. They're not paid to parrot the public.
    What public?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Why, because of Hahn?
    Yes, I know I'm more or less on my own on this, but I feel Hahn still offers more to the side than nearly half of the team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JH40 View Post
    What public?
    Us, supporters.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I know I'm more or less on my own on this, but I feel Hahn still offers more to the side than nearly half of the team.
    Fair enough. I thought they showed some balls and made the tough decision.
    Last edited by chef; 16-09-2010 at 10:08 PM.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Who does he offer more than and in what role?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind the majority of your posts Scorlibo, but that is pure rubbish. An injustice? Get real. He hasn't once had form all year to warrant being in our best 22.

Post Thanks / Like

There's been pressure on Hahn for a long time, Eagleton too. Gee whizz we rip shreds off the MC because they don't make any changes and when they do we still get stuck into them!

I thought Hahn should have gone last week for Everitt or Hill and Eagleton should have made way for Moles. I think it's a discredit to the MC to suggest that they bow to public pressure, when they have done the exact opposite for a very long time.

I would like to here your summary as to why you think Hahn should be in the team and what he offers it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Its a funny feeling. I've been saying Hahn should be dropped all week (all year actually) and I maintain its the right decision - but it certainly doesn't stop me feeling bad for Mitch.

He's been a good servant to the club, appears to be a good team man and do all the right things...but I agree with others - that it might just be the last we see of him in Bulldogs colours.
    Absolutely agree! But really, it had to be done.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel for Mitch at this time although I can't see how or why the MC would work against the best interests of the Team for this or any game simply to conform now.
    Mitch has been under pressure for his spot from the MC for much of the season as he was going into last week's qualifying. The MC have also not conformed to pressure to play Everitt nor have they thrown Johnson out or Eagleton whilst many were seeking their exclusion. They've also maintained faith in Minson whilst under some pressure to go Roughead. One thing I don't see this MC as being are conformists, to the contrary. Mitch has simply dropped off the pace of the game and is being played through by the opposition and is hard to cover for both Brad and Mitch with similar deficiencies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Who does he offer more than and in what role?
    Hargrave, Eagleton, Johnson, Addison, Grant, Hooper, Minson, Wood, Williams.

Re: roles, it's easy to say, 'Hahn can't do this, which player x does, so he can't play that role', however if you're asking which role I think Hahn should be played in to maximise his output, I would say a low CHF with frequent bursts through the middle. Last weekend we saw his best work come from when he got involved in the congestion through the corridor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I don't mind the majority of your posts Scorlibo, but that is pure rubbish. An injustice? Get real. He hasn't once had form all year to warrant being in our best 22.
    We're probably on complete opposite ends of the scale on this one TBB, so I'm not sure what good will come of arguing about it, but IMO he hasn't dropped his output at all since last year, and the only bit of evidence supporting the suggestion that he has is his goal tally, but then this has to be expected with the addition of Barry does it not? All other statistical indicators have either stayed consistent with the rest of his career, or improved. Stats aren't everything, but they do seem to be the prime arguing point for the Hahn haters, so in this instance they are relevant.

There must be something I'm missing about Mitch's 2010 season, because in my eyes he has been just as good/bad as previous years, and thus I sit in amazement at the incredible swing against him that has taken place this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Us, supporters.
    I would be very surprised, if Rocket or any of the MC actually viewed this forum or any other, on a regular basis.

Post Thanks / Like

A great move. I think we have gambled on players who are able to put their bodies on the line (despite their obvious deficiencies), and who are hungry for / able to make a contest of it. It's why Addison and Hooper are better than the likes of Hill (not enough defensive pressure) and Hahn (slow, not a sure ball handler any more, can't win enough contests). Now that we have the hard at it types, we just have to hope they are capable of playing to instruction.