Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Choose your poison

I'm on the Collingood ticket for the GF, my boss couldn't contain his excitement and rang me from the game - and I could hear that Collingwood chant in the background whilst he was talking, must say, I thought to myself imagine us hearing that haunting chant for our team...I can live in hope.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Very good point. Might have to revise my thinking... but how on Earth can I support the Filth?
    Just point and laugh when St Kilda lose - that's not supporting anyone
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I want Collingwood to win only because I don't want St. Kilda to win one before us (and I like watching Reiwoldt cry)
    Yeah that is a good point, watching the Roo cry does make good TV.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I want Collingwood to win only because I don't want St. Kilda to win one before us (and I like watching Reiwoldt cry)
    I am with you, as much as I hate Collingwood.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    If I saw that Collingwod was one of the teams in the Grand Final I would straight away dcide I was supporting their oppositon, as I couldn't stand that club, it's supporters and certainly its players winning a flag.

However, with the knowledge that St.Kilda is the opposition, well, I don't want to see Milne or Riewoldt ever win a Premiership either, and I generally dislike their supporters and the last two preliminary finals haven't exactly made me like them.

So based on that I don't know which team I want to support, and it may come down to whichever team I dislike the least on the day.
    Exactly!! I can't barrack for either team. During the 2nd half of Saturdays game I thought I'd be less upset if Collingwood win the GF, but now I just don't know. Will have to see where the mood (and champagne) takes me at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

As a passionate hater of all things filth, it would take an awful lot to make me want to support them in any way, shape or form in any match. That St Kilda manages to achieve this feat is a feather in their cap.

Whatever happens, I'm on a plane at 11.00pm GF night and will miss the next 7 days of debauchery that poor old Melbourne town will encounter when the filth salute the judges on Saturday - some semblence of sanity will have started to prevail by then with any luck (at least trade week will be around the corner).

The thought of seeing Milne belting out "oh when the saints" after a GF triumph is too much for my mind to comprehend. Joffa, Eddie, Didak, Harry O, Maxwell - all of them give me the shits big time but they can have the glory if it means the tears flow long and hard down at Moorabbin. And after seeing them completely destroy Geelong on Friday night with a brand of football that is simply awesome, frankly they deserve the cup. St Kilda's god-awful game plan will kill AFL for the next couple of years if they somehow manage to win the flag next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    As a passionate hater of all things filth, it would take an awful lot to make me want to support them in any way, shape or form in any match. That St Kilda manages to achieve this feat is a feather in their cap.

Whatever happens, I'm on a plane at 11.00pm GF night and will miss the next 7 days of debauchery that poor old Melbourne town will encounter when the filth salute the judges on Saturday - some semblence of sanity will have started to prevail by then with any luck (at least trade week will be around the corner).

The thought of seeing Milne belting out "oh when the saints" after a GF triumph is too much for my mind to comprehend. Joffa, Eddie, Didak, Harry O, Maxwell - all of them give me the shits big time but they can have the glory if it means the tears flow long and hard down at Moorabbin. And after seeing them completely destroy Geelong on Friday night with a brand of football that is simply awesome, frankly they deserve the cup. St Kilda's god-awful game plan will kill AFL for the next couple of years if they somehow manage to win the flag next week.
    Great post Sedat!!

Post Thanks / Like

For weeks I've been dreading the possibility of a Pies v Saints GF, it's just my worst nightmare.

I hate Riewoldt, Milne, Schneider and Lyon more than I hate Maxwell and Didak. I also know quite a few nice Pies fans, can't say the same about the Saints.

It hurts, but I'm going for Collingwood.

Post Thanks / Like

I was certain we would win on sat seeing as this is the first finals series(that we have been in) i haven't been at since '85 and wasn't all that happy as there would have been no way to get home if we did win.
    I couldn't be happier to be overseas now though and have no interest whatsoever in the result. Ghost dog summed it up for me

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Screw it. Won't be watching it and don't care who wins. The season is only as long as the Bulldogs are in it as far as I am concerned.
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

Pies for me happy to see Saint Sook cry again and the little 44 not get a kick again but the consulation prize is Eddies face.. hmm .... no money talks go Pies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    That would be the worst possible scenario, because they would not let anyone hear the end of it.
    That's the beauty of it! Pies can't whinge cause they'll have blown a 38pt lead and StKilda can't gloat cause it was a charity which exposes Nick the dick as a diver!

That's how it's playing out in my head anyhow.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not supporting either team I'm just going to avoid the winner and bag the loser.

Post Thanks / Like

I suggested going to the Royal Melbourne Show for the whole day/night to my partner, I got laughed off. So I'm going to get blotto instead at a mate's barbie.

As much as I hate the filth and all their feral supporters, I hate the St Kilda players more.

Originally Posted by Scraggers
    And seeing that would make my day (whilst ignoring all the shots of jubilant Collingwood supporters in between, yuck! ).

Post Thanks / Like

Would be interested to see a poll on who WOOFers are barracking for....to be honest - I haven't decided yet...I may even wait until the ball is thrown up to see who I find myself barracking for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Would be interested to see a poll on who WOOFers are barracking for....to be honest - I haven't decided yet...I may even wait until the ball is thrown up to see who I find myself barracking for.
    Good work Ozza. I agree with many of the posts.

-I'd like to see Saints fans celebrate a premiership, however I can't stand Ross Lyons' game plan. "Saints footy!"

-I have nothing against most of the Collingwood players, and actually enjoy watching the way their young kids take the game on. However if the pies win, I may have take a sabbatical year to South America to avoid the lack of grace held by many pies supporters.

If you needed any clarity over why you shouldn't be friends with pies supporters, you only need to scroll down your facebook page after 10pm monday night.